What's new

Blendco Titration

BillClinton

Reaction score
How strong does your Blendco have to be on the titration test to get a car clean on a touch free automatic? I think the container recommends 25 to 30 drops on the titration test. I am using a very large tip right now, but only getting 14 drops on the titration test. I had a black car go through the other day that was very dirty, and it didn't get clean. I'm thinking that I should go up another tip size. I know that different locations and different machines will clean differently even with the same strength on the presoak, but I'm just curious how many drops you guys titrate to.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Crank it up! 28 is our number, but as you said different areas of the country require different formulation.

garbageman

Reaction score
Test your barrel first, make sure you are where you need to be. For some reason like 500 rings a bell. Depending on the type of touch free machine and if you are a doing a two step or one step you will need to be anywhere from 26-32 drops. Either way at 14 drops you might as well skip the soap and just go to high psi because, as you've seen, it won't "clean" a thing.

BillClinton

Reaction score
What does "test your barrel" mean. I only know how to use the titration kit for the mixed presoak in the tank. I also don't know what the number 500 would mean.

My automatic is the D&S 5000. This machine uses a large volume of presoak on every pass. Very thirsty machine. I think I am using the light tan tip, which is only a couple of tips away from the largest. On the light tan tip, shouldn't I be getting more than 14 drops on the titration test? What tip are you using to get 28?

garbageman

Reaction score
What does "test your barrel" mean. I only know how to use the titration kit for the mixed presoak in the tank. I also don't know what the number 500 would mean.

My automatic is the D&S 5000. This machine uses a large volume of presoak on every pass. Very thirsty machine. I think I am using the light tan tip, which is only a couple of tips away from the largest. On the light tan tip, shouldn't I be getting more than 14 drops on the titration test? What tip are you using to get 28?
I guess I should start with a question? I assumed you were using HPH powder that is mixed with water in the super sat mixing tank. Is this correct? If so there is a necessary titration for this barrel and you need a 10x solution instead of the 1x solution you are using to test at the car. There is a titration here that determines your maximum. So if it is all water in that tank, you'll never get anything out at the car.
I've never seen the D&S wash a car, but nonetheless if it is touchfree 14 isn't going to cut it with HPH powder. With turbo nozzles and a one step two pass you can run it a little lower say 28. Without 0 degree turbo nozzles and with a two step (acid then alkaline on), I've had to go as high as low to mid 30's. Also, depends on your expectations and what you've trained your customers for.

BillClinton

Reaction score
I guess that I don't have the necessary kit to test the titration at the barrel. I am using high Ph powder in the drum that mixes itself (SuperSat). I was told that this setup keeps the solution in the drum relatively constant, because it is super saturated. In other words, it is as strong as it can get. When some is used, more of the powder that is in the bottom of the tank gets desolved.

The solution is then drawn from the tank and mixed with water and a yellow liquid from a 6 gallon bucket. The end result is the presoak, which is now only titrating to 14 drops. If this is your set up, what tip are you using? I am using the very light tan tip.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
There is also a setting that controls the strength of the Super Sat solution that should only be adjusted by a qualified rep. Test the strength of the solution in the tank. It should at least be in the 400's for best results.

DavidM

Reaction score
You need to titrate your drum. You can use the kit you have but it will take 500 drops. If you get the 10x solution it is only 50 drops. I discovered that the tanks were not always as reliable as they should be. The barrel is as strong as it can be when it is running but the settings control how often and how long the mixer in the drum runs.

I agree with the other guys, your presoak needs to be in the 24-28 range to get a clean car.

Gabriel

Reaction score
The real deal is that all automatics vary. It is really not important, (Assuming that your solution in the barrel is at saturation), which color tip you need to use to get to 28 or so titration. It is important that you get there either by pump or induction (Which ever you have). Keep cranking the size up umtil you reach the numbers and test for a clean car as you go. You should get great results with the right amount of chemical actually hitting the car.

jprb

Reaction score
The arm in the mixing tank, with the red sensor lights, can discolor and cause the tank not to mix as strong as it should. I have a 10x solution to check the mixing tank. Might be a good place to check it you were at around 30 and it has dropped down to 14.

JPRB

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I have personally setup a D&S 5000 with SuperSat. We would normally run the presoak between 30-40 drops with the tank titration at around 500. The biggest thing on the 5000 is that you need to turn the air down on it a little so that you do not use so much product. For me to tell you as to what tip to use would be impossible b/c the water pressure and plumbing at the wash that I set up could be totally different. Just like it has been mentioned in this forum, the area that you are washing in is also a huge factor. Just call your Blendco rep and ask for a titration test kit and get the tank titration and then let us know what it is.

Etowah