What's new

Blendco Foam Brush issues

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Currently I'm using Blendco triple color foam brush product # 11-09 with 506/507 hydrominders and I have the dual educator setup, one blue educator has the Supersat hooked up with the aqua push in tip and the other has the surfactant (foam brush color) hooked up to the other blue educator with now 6" from 12" orifice tube and I'm not getting any deep/vivid colors in the bay they are really pastel colors. what does other Blendco users have there settings at? If I am paying for colors I really need to see them as well as my customers.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Currently I'm using Blendco triple color foam brush product # 11-09 with 506/507 hydrominders and I have the dual educator setup, one blue educator has the Supersat hooked up with the aqua push in tip and the other has the surfactant (foam brush color) hooked up to the other blue educator with now 6" from 12" orifice tube and I'm not getting any deep/vivid colors in the bay they are really pastel colors. what does other Blendco users have there settings at? If I am paying for colors I really need to see them as well as my customers.
I dont like the orifice tube, so I just throw it away and use the regular push in orfice tips it works better for me.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
What color of push in tips are you using?
They are all different, I would start with one in the middle of the chart and watch it very close and adjust from there, (up or down) it might take a couple of days to get it right but at least you wont be fighting that tube type tip.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Foot Valves are brand new and working, I am beginning to hate push in tips and there is no dilution chart for those is there?

SteveA

Reaction score
DiamondWash,

Although the product will perform while displaying a pastel color, more vivid colors can be obtained by increasing product usage. I recommend a call to your distributor, who can assist you with this adjustment.

Otherwise, in lieu of the tube orifice, try using an aqua tip, and if you still don't see the color you want, try brown next. Once your settings are established, make sure all tips are fully seated.

It will take some time to see your changes in the bay, but if you wish to expedite this process, after each tip change you can shut off the hydro-minder valve, drain the tank, and refill it with the new solution.

Regards...

DiamondWash

Reaction score
DiamondWash,

Although the product will perform while displaying a pastel color, more vivid colors can be obtained by increasing product usage. I recommend a call to your distributor, who can assist you with this adjustment.

Otherwise, in lieu of the tube orifice, try using an aqua tip, and if you still don't see the color you want, try brown next. Once your settings are established, make sure all tips are fully seated.

It will take some time to see your changes in the bay, but if you wish to expedite this process, after each tip change you can shut off the hydro-minder valve, drain the tank, and refill it with the new solution.

Regards...
What is the recommended push in tip for the Supersat? I can play with the surfactant tips (color) but I would like to have the sheets my distributor had in his book with the info about this when he was setting it up, the owner of the wash should have those sheets as well for reference.

SteveA

Reaction score
DiamondWash,

Our dual manifold for foam brush is supplied initially with a green tip in the alkaline (Supersat) eductor. This is to be used as a starting point, as varying water pressure from site to site will cause fluctuation in the strength of the solution (as well as the use of surfactants).

The solution should be titrated with the kit that came with the tank. Based upon the test results, adjustments can be made by changing tips until the desired titration is reached. There are directions supplied with the kit, but if you are unfamiliar with titrating, or can't locate your kit, a call to your distributor would be in order.

Recommended titrations for each wash function are listed on the tank label. Foam brush is listed at 5-8 drops. Remember that these are only recommendations and are listed in a "range". Your particular cleaning requirements and desired economics will need to be factored into this process.

KwikClean

Mr. Clean
Reaction score
I know for the tri-color foambrush, BlendCo recommends 13-15cc (roughly half an oz) per gallon of water. I would pull some volumetrics on it and see if your using less than that. Secondly, to avoid overuse of the chemical (instead of just ripping out the orifice tube and sticking a tip on there), just snip off an inch at a time of the orifice tube until you get your desired results. Then at that point, flow test it for a minute and see where you are as far as Blend Co's standards.

Also, play with the pump and foam air pressure. Those have a lot to do with show and chemical usages.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Since you joined today and your technical posts about Blendco I have to ask if you are a Blendco distributor.

KwikClean

Mr. Clean
Reaction score
Nope, just use the stuff. I'm just putting out information that was given to me from my chemical guy

DavidM

Reaction score
With Blendco products titration and show are two separate issues. If you are looking for brighter colors the titration level won't be much help. (It could help indicate a problem with the hydrominder or water pressure if the titration is low and the colors are too pale).
If the strength is cleaning cars you just want to increase the surfactant until you like the color. It can become difficult to get a good show with the cost getting out of hand. This is a part of the reason I stopped using Blendco. The products clean well but there was very little show. I wanted a product with great cleaning ability and great show.