What's new

Birds

Noob

Reaction score
How do you guys get rid of birds? They are all over the place right now and making a huge mess.

Theckie

Reaction score
I am dealing with the same problem. I have installed expanded metal screens and bird spikes. Both worked. At this point, the small areas are becoming a roosting spot. I just bought netting to see how that goes and thinking I should of did that in the first place. Will know in a few weeks.

Randy

Reaction score
I used to have problems with Barn Swallows roosting at the car wash. The only thing you can do to get rid of them is to seal up the building. On the areas that they’d land or roost on I ended up putting metal and wood cut at an angle so they couldn’t land or roost. Any nest I found I got rid of it right away. I think Pigeons are the worse, nothing more than a rat with wings.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I live trap the sparrows and starlings.Pigeons get it with air rifle .Living in rural town I tend to get away with stuff that others can't.

mac

Reaction score
I used to use a product called Bird B gone. Came in a tube that fit in a caulking gun. It was basically a substance you applied and it stayed effective for maybe 6 months. It was just real sticky stuff that the birds hated. BB guns are also effective if you're a good shot.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I used to use a product called Bird B gone. Came in a tube that fit in a caulking gun. It was basically a substance you applied and it stayed effective for maybe 6 months. It was just real sticky stuff that the birds hated. BB guns are also effective if you're a good shot.
I 2nd Mac on Bird B Gone. Take a full rainy day & 2/3 tubes of that stuff & put it EVERYWHERE they land. They will be gone in 48 hrs & stay gone. Will cost ya about $40 & problem is gone!

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Recently, at our rural location, we had a buzzard get into the mechanical room, scaring the you-know-what out of our city boy mechanic. He left the mechanical door open and returned many minutes later to find the buzzard gone. I hope it's not an omen for something.

bert79

Reaction score
I think I saw it on the forum before we tried it but rubber snakes from the dollar store have seemed to make a real difference for us. We have a flat roof so I threw a couple up there and on top of the walls between the bays.

Noob

Reaction score
After reading your comments I ordered bird gel and have had it out for about 2 weeks now. Happy to say it has completely taken care of my problem.

mac

Reaction score
Great. You can buy me a beer when you see me.