What's new

Bill Acceptor Service

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Just a query to see who's using what brand of bill acceptor and what typical maintenance interval and costs are associated with them. Is $100./year/unit high, moderate or low?
Thanks.
MC

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I've been using Mars for about 8 years now. I think I have 21 or 22 of them. I doubt that I have spent $1000 total on them in the whole 8 years.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I had Rowe bill acceptors and spent at least $100/unit/year in my Rowe BC-1400 changers. I replaced the internals with MARS bill acceptors for $700 each. Since then, I have spent $0/year on them. My Hamilton XE validators have cost about $25/unit/year, but they are only in my acw IV's.

So, my $0.02 is go to MARS! I know I am happy with it.

Randy

Reaction score
I repair a lot of bill acceptor/validators and it all depends on how and where they are used. A validator at is in a high volume bill changer would need more maintenance than a validator in a coin box or vacuum cleaner. I see Mars validators that haven't been touched in over 8 years come in pretty regularly. The validator of choice would have to be a Mars validator.

washnvac

Reaction score
I like CoinCo. Low cost; low maint. I have needed service at $100,000 worth of bills, and I have had some go for $200,000 worth of bills. ( I recors counts at changes so I know how many $ worth of bills go through. Avg. maintenance about $200. I dispense all $1 tokens, so stringing is not an issue.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I like CoinCo. Low cost; low maint. I have needed service at $100,000 worth of bills, and I have had some go for $200,000 worth of bills. ( I recors counts at changes so I know how many $ worth of bills go through. Avg. maintenance about $200. I dispense all $1 tokens, so stringing is not an issue.
Same here. We give them a good cleaning and replace belts, etc. ourselves. Parts are available from online sources. I use http://echangemaker.com/store/html/index.html