What's new

Big Cat pump only at 500 psi vs 1000 psi

patgeneva

Reaction score
All of a sudden my Water Wizard high pressure is only generating 500 psi. Last year I needed to replace a faulty contactor but it has been fine for a year. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Sounds like you might have hose leak in the gantry,this will cause pressure to fall.Iwould also check the unloader .

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recall this on my 700.

It was the solenoid inside my gantry for blowdown, I think, that was stuck open and I was losing HP water there, dropping my PSI on the gauge at the big cat pump significantly.

JK Xpress

Reaction score
Not familiar w/ Water Wizard but when my pressure dropped, it reminded me to look at the nozzles on my hi-pressure unit - that was the problem. Nozzles had worn??? small openings became bigger - switched them out - psi back to normal, H2O usage dropped.

MEP001

Reaction score
I believe there's a solenoid meant to relieve pressure back into the inlet of the pump which could be stuck open.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm assuming the pump is running smoothly.

1-Hose leak in gantry, or hidden in ceiling, etc.
2-undercarriage solenoid stuck open (but I you should have seen this)
3-medium pressure solenoid stuck open- look in the rinse water tank for signs of water circulating about
4-regulator problems

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Same as what everyone else above has said, but I would also add in checking your check valves. Easy way to do this, assuming you have gauges between your soaps, etc, is to turn on the system and look at all your gauges to see if any of them are pegging out. Could have a bad check valve(s) which is allowing some pressure back into your soap tanks, etc..

patgeneva

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I discovered 2 solenoids on the gantry that had leaking seals. I think during one of the cold nights here there was a feeze-up and caused the seals to expand.

I took apart the entire passenger side assembly containing the 3 solenoids and cleaned out the 2 leaking solenoids. There was still some ice in the body of them.

I put everything back and my psi is back to 1000. However, now I have a new problem. The Rocker Panel does not spray out. I will likely replace the solenoid once I determine which one it is.

toddmullens

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad spot free check valve in the gantry passenger side or your medium pressure solenoid on the pump stand that opens and pumps water back into the water holding tank.