What's new

Best type door for IBA

sparkey

Reaction score
What type of door do you prefer for IBA enter and exit doors? Do you prefer the high speed vinyl roll up doors, or the typical garage door panel type doors? I currently have gateway high speed roll up doors and they are the biggest POS doors I have ever seen. I went through 6 openers in 2 winters (single phase type). The doors are constantly catching the openings in the track ment to put the door back on track when the wind blows. These doors have 2 stiffeners that are over 2" wide which seems to make a bulky mess then the doors roll up. They didn't even use low temperature vinyl when the doors were built. Needless to say I had to replace the vinyl on the second winter in operation. I need to replace these doors with something else and want some opinions. I assume all roll up doors do not have these problems.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have insulated metal roll up doors and the doors have been perfect. The openers are the key; get NEMA 4 operators and the waterproof them even more.

Doors need consistent maintenance; lubing rollers, chains and springs is about the extent of it.

Reaction score
I have been useing airlift xrs series with zero problems, you can use a single or three phase and also can have a counter weight system so if the door does fail the person in the wash bay just has to pull the cord and the door is open.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ryko makes a very nice Bifold door that can be easily fixed if hit (even has sensors in the rubber to open the door FAST if it touches a car). The newest version is poly and lets a LOT of light pass through from ceiling to floor. We have been installing these for over 20 years and they will last forever if maintained properly. The operator is a short heavy duty air cylinder; we have replaced VERY few of these air cylinders. Here is a pic: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ryko...&tbnw=178&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Hey that place in the picture looks very familiar I've been there just can't put the name on it?????????

sparkey

Reaction score
I guess I should specify that the doors need to open and close on every cycle.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ryko makes the Bi fold doors themselves and they are made to open and close on every cycle.