What's new

Best MxM Check valve?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Istobal uses brass check valves on their system and are not holding up to chemicals very well. I'm looking for a good 1/4" MxM check valve with a viton or teflon O-ring. I need to buy a bunch of them (like 25 or so) so I thought I would ask here first for recommendations.

Are the Adams maxi flow any good?

MEP001

Reaction score
No, the Adams are crap, between poor quality control and rubber-on-brass seal. I've opened up some brand new ones and found flecks of brass in the seat. The worst part is they fail open intermittently, making it really difficult to find which valve is bad when you keep blowing the hose off a Flojet in a self serve.

Don't bother with the SMC MxM valves either. Someone brought me some to redo his car wash, and every one of them failed within three months.

Does it have to be MxM? I've had excellent luck with the Fluid Controls stainless body with Teflon seat. They don't always seal 100% when new, but after high pressure hits them a few times the seal forms to the body and it's good.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The MxM would make things easier and more compact. They use these on the air blow down on the chemical injection system (for freeze protection) and I was trying to use something as compact. They look like the SMC check valves now. I know a lot of people are just using neutral shampoos with these machines, I'm using some products with a little bite and these check valves have brass bodies. When they fail, they are contaminating an SMC air operated valve that is quite expensive. Four air cards have had to be replaced on two units that are less than a year old.