What's new

Best garden hose for a hot water

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we wash boats by hand at my car wash every fishing season as a part of the decontamination process required by the DCR.

I'm looking for a garden hose that will withstand Hot water that we use in the process. Do you know of a high-quality garden hose that will hold up? The ones I have used cannot handle the hot water. Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
He doesn't test them with hot water, but he tests everything else:

Randy

Reaction score
How high of a temperature are you running in the hose? I did a search for High Temp garden hoses and found a lot of different ones. They aren't cheap, $75 - $100 range.

washnshine

Reaction score
we wash boats by hand at my car wash every fishing season as a part of the decontamination process required by the DCR.

I'm looking for a garden hose that will withstand Hot water that we use in the process. Do you know of a high-quality garden hose that will hold up? The ones I have used cannot handle the hot water. Thanks.
We use this with 130° water to melt off snow and ice on top of cars (for people who don’t brush it off) and the heavy chunks that accumulate in the wheel wells and anywhere else before sending them through the tunnel. I am not 100% sure, but I think the criteria for it being able to handle hot water is that is made of rubber.
A lot of regular garden hoses are made of vinyl, or have some poly construction with one material wrapped around another.

Randy

Reaction score
We use this with 130° water to melt off snow and ice on top of cars (for people who don’t brush it off) and the heavy chunks that accumulate in the wheel wells and anywhere else before sending them through the tunnel. I am not 100% sure, but I think the criteria for it being able to handle hot water is that is made of rubber.
A lot of regular garden hoses are made of vinyl, or have some poly construction with one material wrapped around another.

That's a pretty good deal. The ones I was looking were twice that price.

mac

Reaction score
Go to a real industrial hose supplier. They will have it and no more issues.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Just ordered 2. Thanks!