What's new

Berry Dry (Warsaw)

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anybody use this in a touchless, & if so your thoughts?
Cost per car, total for a 5 gal or 15 gal?

Very concentrated, good smell...?

cooll903

Reaction score
i did use it but it just cost too much IMO. i went with some local stuff and even though i have to have two separate chems not it is much cheaper and they do a better job as they are now blended for their specific tasks. even though the berry shine did a good job and you can use it for two different chem spots. also to me it was not very concentrated... just seemed a little watered done as i had to have my dials turned up compared to the local stuff im using now.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
We currently use it and I’d say it is average - not poor enough to change but not excellent either. Smells nice. Don’t have my laptop with me but cost is not that high if memory serves correct, but we could certainly dial it up to perform better which would increase costs.

MEP001

Reaction score
I actually heard a story first-hand about a Warsaw distributor that was collecting the empties, then splitting up and watering the product down before he sold it.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
I actually heard a story first-hand about a Warsaw distributor that was collecting the empties, then splitting up and watering the product down before he sold it.
Ouch - that’s awful

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Used to use Berry Dry. They've released several newer drying agents in the last 5+ years or so that are better.

Formula 590 - Dry-X is great.

washnshine

Reaction score
I am a former Warsaw user and I really liked formula 580 Weathershield Drying Agent. Great strong berry scent and excellent performance. It can be a sealer if you also use a cheaper product as a drying agent or it can be a drying agent if you use a premium, more expensive sealer. Not a “barrel drainer” - good usage ratios.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
We’ve thought about switching to the 580 but was not aware of the 590. Is it super concentrated or in 30gal like berry dry?

boywonder

Reaction score
We switched to 590. I hated berry dry, the fragrance stunk

washnshine

Reaction score
Thoughts on 590 Dry-X?
I'd like Drying Agent, Sealer or protectant all in 1. Is there such a product? Looking for faster throughput with dry shiny cars.
Yes - there is such a product - several of them. Many of the next generation super sealers/ceramics/tvp’s/repellents - whatever you wish to call them, can function at all levels. You might dilute it at 120:1 for a TVP, 240:1 as a sealer and maybe 400:1 as a DA.

That’s really the only way if you want an all in 1 solution. It will have to be a higher end product that you can cut down if you just want it as a drying agent in a lower package.

There aren’t any dedicated drying agents out there that I know of that will give you durable shine and repellency on a top package.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We used to use Warsaw for many years after Specialty went our out business. The nice thing about Warsaw the guy would come to service the whole Bismarck area ... as often as once a month. No freight charge. The sales-rep-delivery guy was very trustworthy but eventually he changed careers & it appeared that Warsaw did not replace him. I think he may have represented other companies besides just Warsaw because he would stop at other unrelated to "car washes" business. I remember Warsaw techies were always very thorough when we needed to have them clarify whatever about their products.

The advantage to once a month availability from the Grand Forks Warsaw Distributor meant that we did not need to tie up our storage area like we do with ordering much larger quantities at a time to save on truck freight cost etc from the farther away companies like KR etc.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I used to use weathershield dying agent and was happy with it, better than berry dry IMO-one of my favorite Warsaw products.

I think wash n shine is correct. You can take most premium protectants and water them down. You'll still get good drying properties but the protection will be weaker or non existent. Quest Platinum is a traditional clear coat protectant that can serve as a dying agent if desired. I use it on the high pressure CCP functions on water wizards as a good all purpose "standard" wax.