What's new

Bent tubing

ScottP

Car Wash Owner
Reaction score
The tubes that go into my soap buckets from the hydrominders keep bending up over time. It makes it hard to get the last few inches of soap. Does anyone have a solution for this? I was thinking of putting the tube in a pvc pipe but then I would have to make a bigger hole in the lid. Thanks.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I put the tube in PVC.
But make sure the bottom of the PVC is uneven and drill holes in the PVC so that you get the soap in the PVC tube.
At another wash I just tied a heavy piece of brass pipe to the end of the hose.

Eric H

Reaction score
I've been using 3/4" conduit. I think it is cheaper than the PVC pipe.

I still have the plastic tube get really hard after a while in some products. Is there a better tubing to use than the clear stuff that comes with the hydominder?

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
I also use gray electrical conduit 3/4". it fit tightly in a 5 gal pail. The foot valve also fits snug to the pipe. It will always stay straight. Unlike brass or metal nuts used to weight down the tubings, PVC will not leach metals or corode in a caustic solution (which makes the plastic tubing hard). It seems that the more caustic the chemical, the faster the tubing turns brown and hardens.

MEP001

Reaction score
Schedule 40 (white) 3/4" PVC will fit over the 1/2" Hydrominder hose and into the standard 5 gallon pail opening. You can cut a length just long enough to reach the bottom and stick out a little at the top and slide it over the hose to the foot valve and it'll sit right on top of it.

Wally

Reaction score
I changed over from the 1/2 hose to 1/4 on the chemical side of the hydrominder a long time ago. You can get the smaller tips and the piece they fit into into from any of the car wash suppliers. Works much better. I would never change back to 1/2 inch.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I changed over from the 1/2 hose to 1/4 on the chemical side of the hydrominder a long time ago. You can get the smaller tips and the piece they fit into into from any of the car wash suppliers. Works much better. I would never change back to 1/2 inch.
Wally ... why?
I'm guessing the smaller diameter hose gives less chem volume, therefore lower weight, therefore more chem draw. So you might have to pick different tips otherwise your concentrations will be stronger. Other that those differences, why is it better?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Scott, I just cut off the top of the hose so that it is exactly the right length to have the tip just touching the bottom of the chem bucket. I dont move my chem pails around much, so thats not a problem. They havent curved on me yet.

Wally

Reaction score
Paul, It`s the same size hose as those on my IBA that feeds the injectors. I`ve had it both ways and the smaller hose is much easier to deal with. Think about the size hole that`s in the tip. The quarter inch hose has plenty of volume. Try it,you might like it. I`ve had these in three washes for at least eight years.