What's new

Belanger Saber ??

MEP001

Reaction score
Arcadian, not Saber. It does work very much like Belanger's Vector.

I wonder if they paid to use the Magnum P.I. theme.

sprocket

Reaction score
The Saber looks really good. I like how the incorperated the entrance lite on the the inverted L.

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
Belanger makes the unit, Arcadien is just the distributor! Its basically a vector from what I can see?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's only similar to a Vector, it's not the same.

Belanger may only manufacture the equipment to Arcadian's specifications, but it's not a unit Belanger sells themselves.

briteauto

Reaction score
They've got a Kondor for $50,000 - base. I didn't look over the design, options etc., but that is about the lowest priced IBA I have seen - that does not necessarily mean it is a good thing, though.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For another $8000 you get two arms and wash a vehicle much faster. On busy days, your throughput increase could make up the $8000 quickly.

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
I don't even see the regular Vector on Belanger's website anymore. Can you still buy one?

MEP001

Reaction score
tobaccofarmer said:
It's been awhile since I've dealt with Belanger on a regular basis - it looks like they've changed things up quite a bit.

Back4More said:
I don't even see the regular Vector on Belanger's website anymore. Can you still buy one?
No, they've discontinued it and the program they had to replace the entire carriage with a fully reworked one for $30k. I was told they will stock Vector parts or will be able to manufacture them as needed.

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
The dual arm is definetly nice, but high pressure rinse needs to also be through both arms IMO. I know it would require another pump but the speed increase would be worth the expense. Does anyone know how the chemical delivery is accomplished? injectors? I think they use dosatron? I need to go look at one and report my findings!

MEP001

Reaction score
The Vector came with a dual pump option, but it sacrificed cleaning for speed. Since the arms shuttle side to side during the high-pressure pass with only one arm in use, it gets the pressure closer on each side.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
With the high pressure coming out of just one arm, the spray arms distance from the car can be measured, and adjusted to. With high presuure coming out of both arms, the distance has to be " averaged" between the two arms.

MEP001

Reaction score
The first thing the Vector does is "size" the car. It centers over it with the presoak passes, but with each single-arm high-pressure pass it brings the spray about 12" from the car on each side. The 2-pump option just centers over the car and stays there which is fine for full-size trucks and vans, but something small like a Mini won't get very clean.

captain cw

Reaction score
It always amazes me when a system is real "affordable". By the time you add options, freight and installation, they all end up around the same price.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
In the past most equipment manufacturers advertised pricing for their stripped down versions. I think several manufacturers now offer machines with a pretty decent package of options already on them.

I saw one of the first Saber's in action and it seemed to do a pretty good job. In the case of this machine I think the took our some of the "non essential" extras and kept some of the options most operators want like tri-foams and a super sealant option. Of course other options can be added but the machine comes with the most desirable options so the price is pretty much what you would normally pay.