What's new

bay works good only with manual key in

carbe

Reaction score
my one of the bays has trouble running when put coins, it runs intermittently as if there is a loose connection. and that is only true for high pressure with other options it runs fine..however this does not happen when it is run by putting the key (manually). so i cannot suspect any cont actor or connection issues here is that correct? so what is wrong then?

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
Are you using a rotary switch? If so, I would check the connection of the timed load from the timer to the rotary switch. I would also check to make sure you have voltage across the "stacks" on high pressure rinse.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Have you checked the timed load voltage coming out of the timer to see if it is in the 24-26 volt range?

MEP001

Reaction score
If the key switch bypasses the rotary switch and powers the motor contactor directly, and only the high-pressure is affected but not the low-pressure, it must either be a loose wiring connection near to the rotary switch or the switch itself is failing.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve had this problem with the Dixmor timer after someone has beat on the faceplate. If you’re using a Dixmor timer try swapping out the timer with a timer from another bay. It would be nice to know a little more information. Brand of equipment, type timer and coin acceptor etc.

Etowah

carbe

Reaction score
yeah i do use dixmore timer and i do use rotary switch and ginsan coin acceptor,
i will try swaping a new dixmor and see if that will change anything.

MEP001

Reaction score
Since your problem only affects the high-pressure functions, it's not the timer.

MEP001

Reaction score
He said the problem only affects the high-pressure functions. We know he has rotary switches so that eliminates the timer, otherwise all electrical functions would have intermittent problems. IF the washdown switch bypasses the rotary switch it only helps to track down the problem to the rotary switch or a loose wire on it or right after it.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
MEP,..... I was not quoting you, to say that the information you stated was incorrect. I was simply stating that we need more information about what equipment he has, as there are many different ways of building a car wash. I asked earlier if he had a rotary switch, because he could have and piezo buttons on a ginsan coinbox.

I believe it would be beneficial to know whether he has a 2 stack, or 3 stack rotary switch, and whether he pressure feeds or gravity feeds for high pressure. (relays in the control box) Is the pump just not coming on, and solenoids are opening, or is the voltage not making from thos positions, to the control box.( bad rotary switch)

Could it be that he had a bad rotary switch that he recently rewired incorrectly???? ( see other post)

I truly apologize if I upset you MEP, but this is one reason why I don't like to post very often, because YOU take things too personally, and YOU seem to know everything.

MEP001

Reaction score
I didn't get upset, and I don't see where you would have read that into any of my replies. I was merely trying to help the guy to avoid checking something that's highly unlikely to be his problem.

You make a good point about the pump feed since his problem may not be electrical at all but a water supply issue. It's entirely possible the pump is running and making no pressure or noise and the perception out in the bay is that the pump isn't coming on at all.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
Water supply is there when he uses his key to turn the bay on so my thought would be electrical. Look for loose screws on the rotary switch; check the wires in the bundle to the rotary switch. If they go to a terminal board in the coin box then check that also. Look closely if there any of these wires that look "flat" like they've been caught in the faceplate door when you close it. That can cause a break in the wire without cutting the cover:confused:

carbe

Reaction score
i really like and appreciate the enthusiasm here, all the effort and knowledge everybody is showering to help some random guy (me).
well answering to some of the questions that were raised.
for the type of equipment i use 2 stack rotary switch, ginsan coin acceptor, soap gravity fed ,
by changing the dixmor timer it seemed like nothing changed,
one of the possibilities i can see now after reading through is a bad rotary switch since i eliminated the timer already and i see that the power is not coming to the control box from the bay and , it seems like loose connection and that is why it intermittently works..yeah it is still only with the high pressure though. i checked for loose connections or trapped wires or cuts nothing obvious.
about my other post on rotary switch is a different bay so that is separate issue.
thanks all

carbe

Reaction score
Well guys this is getting ugly, now tahat i have tried all i could nothing is getting better .to brief what all i tried
1. Changed the timer no difference.
2 checked for loose connections nothing found
I have not checked the rotary knob i dint know if that is a valid test
I however have noticed a change now after i tried all the above options thatis now it has difficulty switching on unlike before it was intermittently kicking in and its true for both high pressure and low pressure.
I also found that there is no power coming in to the box to the contact relay and itstill runs good with the key
Iam truly lost here ... any directions please.

MEP001

Reaction score
Check for power coming out of the rotary switch for the motor outputs. You'll see at least three of the outputs jumpered together, usually with loops of wire crimped into the spade terminals on the switch. If "STOP" is at the top on your selector from outside, 11 & 21 will be at the bottom on the back. Make sure BOTH these are connected together securely. That jumper being loose or having a bad crimp that has corroded will cause your problem. Then check for power coming from the jumpered outputs from the switch. If you're getting power at the switch, follow and test the wire all the wy back until you find your problem. If you're getting no power out and you're getting power in, the switch is bad.