What's new

Bay Timer Issues - Help!

washnut

Reaction score
We have a 4-bay self serve wash with Jim Coleman equipment installed in 1995.

Face plates are push button. System was installed with swipe-n-clean capable but it was never installed.

Issue: Timers malfunctioning

Timer type is a 1032SC. It looks similar to a time master TM6 (same 2 button controls mode and set.)

The problem is as follows: Basically when timers were installed I had them programmed with a bonus time. We decided 4 weeks ago to remove the bonus time. Jim Coleman sent me the instructions.. I followed them to the best of what I thought was correct to remove bonus time.

Time should be $1 = 3 min.

The problem: :confused: we are getting random incorrect times.

We are getting the following:

$1 = 4.5 min
$1 = 6 min
$1 = 5 min 15 sec.

Never consistently. At times they will be just fine for days at a time. Other times they are giving incorrect values.

One timer is correct all the time and the other three are randomly malfunctioning.

Did I miss something in the programming?

We had a large storm just before this began to happen. We asked the electrical company to come out and check power supply. Checked out OK. They said there had been no reports of lightening or other interruptions.

I moved timers from bay to bay. It did not result in any change. The same timers were still malfunctioning.

I called Jim Coleman Company. They basically could not even identify the timer. They were of no help other than to say that I should buy new timers.

Looking for any thoughts, ideas or comments. Please let me know what you think.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I have sent several timers back to Coleman for rebuild and so far it has worked well.

Randy

Reaction score
Don’t send your timers back to Coleman. They send them to B&C Electronics in Denver 1-800-852-4795 and there is no reason why you can't send them there yourself. They manufacture them to begin with. They also repair the Timemaster timer.

You could also do yourself a big favor and get rid of the Coleman/Timemaster timers and replace them with the new Dixmor LED-6, they are a much better timer.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Randy, Have you had timers repaired by B&C ? I spoke with them about a year ago and was told they did not repair I would have to send too Coleman.

Randy

Reaction score
Yes I've sent timers into B&C for repair. Now I toss them into the dumpster and replace them with a Dixmor LED-6. The Coleman and Timemaster both use a florescent type display that will punk out and dim in time. The Dixmor uses a super bright red LED display.

washnut

Reaction score
I am good with that idea as I did it at my other wash 2 years ago. But the timer I currently described has a corded display that is independent of the timer. I spoke to Dixmor and the do not have a replacement timer for this particular unit. sent one in today to high performance wash systems also in Denver they say they are an authorized repair center.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Yes I've sent timers into B&C for repair. Now I toss them into the dumpster and replace them with a Dixmor LED-6. The Coleman and Timemaster both use a florescent type display that will punk out and dim in time. The Dixmor uses a super bright red LED display.
Is it a plug and play swap or is more needed?

will this work for the Coleman Vac ?Shampoo Vac? Fragrance vacs as well?

Randy

Reaction score
The Dixmor LED-6 is a direct replacement for the Coleman/Timermaster bay timers. The Dixmor LED-6S is the replacement for the 1034R Combo vac timer.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Do you know if the LED-6S is still available, it is not on their web site?
Sounds like a good way to go if available.

washnut

Reaction score
To clarify the timers have no display window on the timer body.
it has 3 harness plug ins on the back . one to the main control harness another for the swipe n clean system and one that goes to an independent display on the face plate that sits under the mars bill acceptor. because there is no way to mount the timer flat against the inside of the door due to the large design of the push button control panel as compared to the use of a rotary switch.
Bad Design but its what i have for the moment.Again Dixmor says the have no replacement that will work in this application.
Thanks for your replies/keep m coming

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if this LED 6S is a plug and play direct placement for a Coleman/B&C Vac/Fragrance Timer. I have a Swipe N Clean but it does not work so I want to replace my B&C with a Dixmor instead of sending timer back for repair. I do not want to do any rewiring though.

Randy

Reaction score
The LED-6S should work fine. You might have to trim the shelf that the timer sits on a little bit, the LED-6S is a little wider than the Coleman timer. How many do you want?

Randy

Reaction score
That's the one you want. It replaces the Coleman 1034R timer.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
LED 6S does not work with Swipe N Clean. Just read it in another thread. At least it is not plug and play. LED 6S has 8 pin connector, B&C has 10 Pin connector on bottom. I am trying to work through it with Dixmor. It might work because my Swipe N Clean is not functioning anyway. I will keep you posted.