What's new

Bay signage question

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I am in the process of installing blasto-dryers in my bays and was wondering how to install the signage to my glass windows between the bays. I was thinking of using silicone to adhere them....any suggestions?

Eric H

Reaction score
I don't think I would use silicone on glass. I don't think it would dry quickly enough and the sign would just slide down the glass before it cured.

3M VHB (very high bond) double sided tape works great. You should be able to get it from Grainger. The 3M auto body tape sis not work well for me.

You could also have a sign shop scan the blast-o-dry instructions and make you a decal to apply directly to the glass. If I had glass walls this is the way I would go.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use an outdoor double-sided tape that I can only find at Lowe's. It's 3M and gray in color, with a red plastic backing. I used to affix signs to the glazed block walls with silicone and use a couple of small pieces of the tape to hold the sign while the adhesive dried, but the last time I pulled down some signs to replace them the tape was holding on much stronger than the silicone. I now use just the tape.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I use an outdoor double-sided tape that I can only find at Lowe's. It's 3M and gray in color, with a red plastic backing. I used to affix signs to the glazed block walls with silicone and use a couple of small pieces of the tape to hold the sign while the adhesive dried, but the last time I pulled down some signs to replace them the tape was holding on much stronger than the silicone. I now use just the tape.
I use that tape also to fasten signage to walls. I found large rolls of it online.