What's new

Batch errors

washnvac

Reaction score
Is anyone having batch errors on their paystations in the past few weeks/months?

I have been getting character mismatch errors quite frequently across different locations with American Changer and Hamilton machines. Hamilton is able to find the bad card data and delete it to move the batch to success-they have no idea what causes it. But with American you have to have your processor manually re-key the whole batch, then you delete the entire batch from the machine.

Over the years I have had it happen on occasion, but in the last three months there have been a dozen incidents, usually when it is very busy. Since it is different locations with different machines, it has me a bit baffled. All machines dial up.

On another note, American Changer is no longer supporting any machines with dial up. So if you have a memory loss, they will not be able to download the program. Since Lenny left there, that place has gone to hell.

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
I have not had any on my Hamiltons in the last few months. What processor are you using?

washnvac

Reaction score
I had a long talk with Mark @ Hamilton today. Of course he says the dial up will be going the way of the dinosaur soon. He said sometime in the future they will no longer support it. I like dial up. No one can hack into it. And it only takes about 12-15 seconds to process, so to me it is fine. I have nine auto cashiers I would have to upgrade if dial up goes away. Hopefully, it is the next owners problem.;)

soonermajic

Reaction score
I had a long talk with Mark @ Hamilton today. Of course he says the dial up will be going the way of the dinosaur soon. He said sometime in the future they will no longer support it. I like dial up. No one can hack into it. And it only takes about 12-15 seconds to process, so to me it is fine. I have nine auto cashiers I would have to upgrade if dial up goes away. Hopefully, it is the next owners problem.;)
SAME!!! But only 2 Hamiltons