What's new

Bad reviews

mac

Reaction score
Thank you all for the thoughtful responses. Wanted to make sure that I was not cursed and had a spell put on me. Doesn't seem like much can be done with this. The way I have been fighting it it to simply be on site during the day. When I see someone having a problem, I go and resolve it and give them an air freshener. Next month we will be having a customer appreciation day with free hot dogs and soft drinks. Maybe some shots for the good customers in the office. And while many people don't look at reviews, I have heard some really good results from other operators who used social marketing aimed at the younger generation.

OurTown

Reaction score
Thank you all for the thoughtful responses. Wanted to make sure that I was not cursed and had a spell put on me. Doesn't seem like much can be done with this. The way I have been fighting it it to simply be on site during the day. When I see someone having a problem, I go and resolve it and give them an air freshener. Next month we will be having a customer appreciation day with free hot dogs and soft drinks. Maybe some shots for the good customers in the office. And while many people don't look at reviews, I have heard some really good results from other operators who used social marketing aimed at the younger generation.

Shots!? We were only offered beers! I guess you're saving that for your actual paying customers. ;)

mac

Reaction score
Mostly saving the shots for the pretty customers.

Randy

Reaction score
The younger generation are so naïve to believe all the bull $hit business reviews that is on the internet. I got into it with a guy who dumped his household garbage at the car wash, he thought it was OK. I called the police and when the police contacted him at his house into front of his family he went sideways. He called the number I have posted and was absolutely livid that I’d call the police on him for dumping his garbage. He told me that he had left a negative review on Yelp. I looked it up and no negative review for my car wash, but he blasted the car wash in the next town over, he didn’t know where he was at. We like to read some of the reviews like, “I don’t feel comfortable going to that car wash, the owner looked at me” or “the owner told me to get off the property because I was taking too long to vacuum my car”. This one is a classic, I got a call from the kid who lost $2.00, I told him I’d send him $2.00 in the mail, when I asked him what his address was he didn’t know where he lived, he got his mother on the phone so she could tell me what there address was. He left me a negative review because I wouldn’t drive 30 miles to the car wash to give him $2.00. I wonder when these incidents happened, we are at the car wash at 5:30am to about 7:30am, and we very seldom have any customers between those hours. Most of the reviews are BS and are pretty much laughable, so we don’t pay much attention to them.

Reaction score
There is not much you can do for the bad reviews. And yes 99% of them are due to customer not knwowing how to use the facility and lazy to go to the office to ask the attendant. Or they are mad at you for not letting them to dry inside the bays while next customer is waiting. Here is what I have done to FIX it. I know I have tons of happy customers who keep coming back. To those customers I say "I'm trying to boost my presence online, and appreciate it if you do a good google review. Also for your trouble I'll give yo a free $10 Value Card after you do your review". I have educated my attendants to do this and I do it for only the first 100 customers who are genuinely happy with my carwash. These 100, 5 start reviews buries those bad ones.