What's new

Bad Bay Floor, demolition time

Rfarm

Reaction score
Just acquired a 3 bay ss wash, and the bays have in floor heat that is not damaged. The concrete has settled and needs replaced. I am one that thinks outside of the the box so tell me what you think

1- use labor and hammer drills and try to slowly chip out the concrete and hopefully save the plumbing? If the plumbing is not salvageable replace and all we are out is some labor?????

2- the most inefficient way to keep bays clean is manually wash out with high pressure... if we are replacing floors why not plumb in some type of flush system to clean faster with less labor??? Has anyone ever done or seen anything like this? We are in an area where there is LOTS of dirt in the cars when they come in. thanks for your help in advance

cdreed06

Reaction score
I have never had experience with the first question but have thought alot about the self cleaning bay. I would think a row of nozzles set slightly into the wall at the floor level spraying slightly down would be most excellent. Not sure how it would do for cleaning but I am sure it wouldn't hurt. Just my two cents.

MEP001

Reaction score
No offense, but I think the idea of am automatic floor cleaning system would be ridiculous. What would such a thing cost? It would take a bar larger than an undercarriage blaster with many spray tips, something that is powered by a 45 GPM pump and 30 HP motor and costs $15-20,000. That would pay for a lot of attendee presence.

You can greatly reduce the time it takes to clean a bay if you use higher pressure/flow. I rigged up an extra stand and put together a cart I can roll out easily to clean the lot and bays with 1800 PSI, 5.5 GPM.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I clean bays with a push broom first and then hp rinse.

i've heard of people pouring over top w/concrete in a bay.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
If you want to think out-of-the-box, consider mulling over Autobase TEPO-AUTO TP901.

TP901 is mini-tunnel made in Beijing, China; 5-touch system, tri-foam, high-pressure, tire wax, dryer and built-in conveyor. The length of machine can extend from 12 meters to 20 meters.

The frame is designed like a house-type structure. Add side glass and a roof and the frame becomes the building.

The system uses 24 to 40 gallons of water per car - 380 volt, 3-phase, 100 ampere service. Electric power is 25 kilowatts per car, 480 volts. The base package washes 45 cars an hour.

On alibaba.com, a global e-commerce platform for small businesses, the TP901 lists for $73,000.

Import duty and tax rate is about $2,800 per $100,000 plus container shipping at $1.00 per cubic meter would up the price to about $80,000 or so.

Demolish your 3-bay shed for about $8,000 or less and plop a mini-tunnel on property and make some real money instead of quarters.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
My experience with industrial items made in China; substandard steel, inferior machining, badly spec'd components, lack of availability of spare parts etc....

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Rfarm,

On the bay washdown, I can share with you what we have done ... mainly for the cool wet spring & fall (hunting season).

Over 20 years ago we set up a manifold with check valves & modified our wiring along with a 7th backup pump. Up to 7 pumps can be directed into the manifold with the six 3 way hi pressure valves. The 1/2" wash down hose restricts so 4 is the maximum we use with the truck wash version of KR's variable pressure dump gun with an approximately 10 gpm nozzle. The momemtum of the extra volume of water & pressure makes extremely short work of bay wash down. The 1/2" hose is on a nifty retractable reel. We use a simple 3 channel Radio Shack remote control among the other wiring modifications. It also comes in handy for quick connecting a hose with a drain pipe cleaning nozzle if needed. If we ever want more pressure to reach our dog wash or vacuum area it is also handy that way.

We are glad we set this up & have no regrets as it is a very good fit for us.

BTW, when we were designing our dog wash we were looking at self cleaning rest rooms that actually do exist so I can relate to what you are looking for.

mike walsh king koin responsible & concerned YouTube person

Kevin James

Reaction score
How bad is the floor? If you feel you need to replace it rent a 90 lb jack hammer and break up the concrete, don’t try and save the floor heat tubing it’s going to get destroyed anyway. Our maintenance staff muck out or wash down the bays at least once a day, whether they need it or not. They do a lot more than wash down the bay, they check each function to make sure they work. We use a Dixmor LED-7 timer and remote to start the timer to wash out the bay and check the functions, the timers are set to run for 9 minutes when started with a remote. If they have a real muddy mess they use a snow shovel to push the mud into a pile so it can be disposed of. An automatic wash down system isn’t going to work. There are too many variables, dirty hoses, dirty or mud spattered walls, mud outside the bays etc.