What's new

Autocareforum T-Shirts

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Well, its time for the ICA convention in Vegas soon and I will be getting some tickets and as usual will be giving them away. I always try to figure out something for you guys to do to earn them and it has always been a good and fun exercise.

I've been thinking that the Forum gang needs a T-shirt and so I thought the "contest" this year would be for the best designs for the T-Shirts. So lets start early and think about and create some great designs and then you will win a free pass and I'll print up some T-Shirts and everyone wins.

Use whatever software that you might have and send them to me and I'll post them, we even might have a vote on them.

Any other ideas about this let me know.

P

Patrick H. Crowe

Dear Bill:

As I think you probably recall my "OPRAH for President T-shirts" were a big part of my promotion. Literally thousands of folks have (had?) them. It was a treat to wear mine and be approched by strangers asking how to get one. Time and again I peeled mine off and handed it to the person asking and relished the smiles and disblief. I'm pro T-shirts, for sure.

I had two criteria for my design. They are: 1. Make sure the very brief message can easily be read 100' or more away. My OPRAH for President was on the front and OPRAH and President were in very large letters, "for" was tiny. I see many shirts where to read the message (logo) the reader would have to invade the wearers "space to get the message.

The second criterion was based on: "A picture is worth 1,000 words. So I paid a commercial artist to create a caricature of OPRAH. Below it I had my toll free number and our web site.

I sold some but gave away 1000's. If a person sent a letter askin OPRAH to run, to me, they got a free shirt. Of course it came with a Certificate of Authenticity. Too much.

Here's my vision: If I were you I'd want the floor at the convention to have at least 1000 people walking around in ACF T-shirts, you read it right, at least 1000. Soon folks will be asking: What is that? Where did you get the shirt? Now the good part.

Anybody who walks the floor in your (free of course) shirt gets a free copy of The Car Wash Appraisal Handbook, or an invitation to dinner & drinks with Bill or what ever other outrageous idea you can come up with. Make it too hard to believe. Become the talk of the floor. Screw the cost, do the press interviews, the talk radio, pull in some favors.

Let's take the ACF to a new level, a whole new level - - - and of course do not forget to invite OPRAH. Let the fun begin. I love spending other folks money.

Patrick H. Crowe