What's new

Auto Cashier Enclosure

washtubman

Reaction score
My auto cashiers are set in concrete block structures. The blocks are painted and require scraping and repainting at least twice a year. I would like to cover them with something that would be maintenance free (or close to it). Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
All of our ACW enclosures are painted and they will go 5 ? 7 years before they need to be repainted. It sounds to me that you?re not prepping it right or you?re not using good quality paint. When it was first painted did you use a block filler first then prime it and then use a top coat. We use Sherwin Williams DTM paint. You might have to soda blast off the old paint and start over.

mac

Reaction score
That's good advice from Randy. Here is a good rule of thumb on painting almost anything: It will take about three times longer to prep something for painting than the actual top coat takes. I used to custom paint automatics with Imron, and that took 6 times longer prep work. If you cheat on that prep time it will only come back and bite you.

MEP001

Reaction score
You could tile over it or tear down the concrete block and brick around it instead, both permanent (and in my opinion more attractive) solutions.

soapy

Reaction score
I had a friend cover one of my acw enclosures in a product called Retrotek. It is what they put on the out side of houses and looks like stucko. It has held up for 6 years with no upkeep and still looks new.

washtubman

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I inherited the painted block, so not sure what the initial prep was. With the weather here in Indiana, its tough to keep the paint looking good. I'd like to cover them with stainless but I figure that would be cost prohibitive. Thanks again everyone.

MEP001

Reaction score
You could use some very thin, say 24 ga., stainless steel sheet and glue it on like Formica. You'd want the surface to be as smooth as possible so there are no open pockets so it can't get dented by someone beating on it.

Etowah