What's new

Autec Rinse Issues

GreatWash

Reaction score
I have an Autec 260 with onboard rinse and am having troubles with certain cars getting soap rinsed out of the windshield cowl and door mirror areas. I have added nozzles to the side rinse bars for the mirrors and switched between overhead nozzles and rain bar without much success. My water quality is good and I am using city water pressure for rinsing (no spot free). I have the amount of soap limited almost too much as I am getting more brush squeal than I would like on some vehicles. Certain cars are worse than others and the dryers certainly find all of the soap and spread it on the windshield for the customer to see. Overall wash quality is good but I am wanting it to be better so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

washnshine

Reaction score
I have an Autec 260 with onboard rinse and am having troubles with certain cars getting soap rinsed out of the windshield cowl and door mirror areas. I have added nozzles to the side rinse bars for the mirrors and switched between overhead nozzles and rain bar without much success. My water quality is good and I am using city water pressure for rinsing (no spot free). I have the amount of soap limited almost too much as I am getting more brush squeal than I would like on some vehicles. Certain cars are worse than others and the dryers certainly find all of the soap and spread it on the windshield for the customer to see. Overall wash quality is good but I am wanting it to be better so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Maybe you can try a lower foaming product. That way you won’t have to use less chemical and sacrifice wash quality and get squeaking. The most important thing a soap has to do in a friction IBA is lubricate the brushes so they can do their job. High foam does not mean the car is lubricated and products that are not foamy can have great lubricity.
Another thing you can do is try to turn the air down on your foamers, or find a way to make your current product foam less without cutting back.

GreatWash

Reaction score
Maybe you can try a lower foaming product. That way you won’t have to use less chemical and sacrifice wash quality and get squeaking. The most important thing a soap has to do in a friction IBA is lubricate the brushes so they can do their job. High foam does not mean the car is lubricated and products that are not foamy can have great lubricity.
Another thing you can do is try to turn the air down on your foamers, or find a way to make your current product foam less without cutting back.
The soap for the brushes is injected into the wash water which is sprayed onto the car and brushes, I probably have this turned down too much. The same soap is used in a tri foam pass which I've worked on to get a really nice coating....looks great for the customer but yes it probably is what is causing my rinse issues. I really don't want to turn it down if at all possible. I want to put a pressure gauge on the rinse water on the machine. Does anyone have a feel for the pressure I should have to provide enough rinse water?

washnshine

Reaction score
The soap for the brushes is injected into the wash water which is sprayed onto the car and brushes, I probably have this turned down too much. The same soap is used in a tri foam pass which I've worked on to get a really nice coating....looks great for the customer but yes it probably is what is causing my rinse issues. I really don't want to turn it down if at all possible. I want to put a pressure gauge on the rinse water on the machine. Does anyone have a feel for the pressure I should have to provide enough rinse water?
Pressure isn’t necessarily the answer for rinsing - you might need a larger volume of water. I’m not familiar with Autec machines at all, but my first instinct might be to get larger nozzles for your rinse so you can get a larger volume of water flowing. Also - if you want to keep a foamy detergent application, just make sure that is the first thing to go on the car so it has the whole wash cycle to break down.