What's new

AUTEC Foam Brushes

magicmistyuma

Reaction score
So we have a AES 400 Series and are thinking about converting to the foam brushes instead of the cloth looking for advice and pros and cons to doing it thank you

mac

Reaction score
My first guess is that the foam brush will clean much better that the mitter they put on. Talked to a tunnell operator just a few days ago who uses a top brush instead of a mitter and asked him if he had damage issues with it, and he said no. Whwn you got bugs on the front a mitter just won't get it.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I think the only thing he will be converting is the side brushes. I dont think anyone makes foam miters and I doubt the wash can be converted to a top brush. Foam is lighter than cloth so there should be less wear and tear. I am not sure it will necessarily clean any better but it is much gentler on the car (less scratching and less likely to tear off mirrors or antenna's).

briteauto

Reaction score
My first guess is that the foam brush will clean much better that the mitter they put on. Talked to a tunnell operator just a few days ago who uses a top brush instead of a mitter and asked him if he had damage issues with it, and he said no. Whwn you got bugs on the front a mitter just won't get it.
I might be wrong, but I think the original poster is talking about converting the side wheels to foam instead of cloth. As far as I know, the Autec only comes with a cloth mitter for the top and does not have an option for a top foam wheel.

Any IBA friction is probably safer with foam rather than cloth. The closed cell material is better for a situation where you might not have as much or any high or medium pressure water prep/flush on surface of the vehicle to remove the loose grit from the finish.

Also, a location that is unattended or only partially attended will not have regular visual inspection and again, closed cell is a safer option for maintaining a cleaner material.