What's new

Armor All Triple Vendor

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The new AA 4 oz bottles are about .5 inches taller than the old ones and will not fit in the Laural 3 column bottle vendor.

Anyone know of any substitute products?

I contacted KR and they said AA does not intend to change the size back to what it was, SiSonny's is aware of the problem as well. I figured between Sonny's and KR they could put some pressure on AA.

Next Step is to Check with Laurel to see if they have a fix.

chip@laurel

Manufacturer
Reaction score
If you remove the clear plastic cap, it should work. Not a great fix but it's the only way to use the new bottles since changing the column width is not workable. Armor All does not usually check with us before making a change.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or.... you could sell me your old vendor and buy a new one!:eek:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks Chip I will give it a try. Perhaps only load a dozen or so in case they leak.

MEP001

Reaction score
chip@laurel said:
If you remove the clear plastic cap, it should work. Not a great fix but it's the only way to use the new bottles since changing the column width is not workable. Armor All does not usually check with us before making a change.
Is there a redesign planned for the vendor or is there more to it than that? I guess I haven't gotten the new bottles yet - do they just not fit widthwise?

I had considered at one time buying Armor All and empty bottles in bulk and filling them myself, which I'll probably do if the only other option is removing the sprayer cap.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The problem would be fitting 10 pouinds in a 5 pound sack. You would need to increase 2 of the three columns (I use both for regular A since the wheel cleaner was discont.) by about .25 inches and then you would still need to have room to align the coin mech section.

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
We've run into this too. The only thing that stinks for the end user is if you remove the cap, it's more likely to spill or get depressed and make a mess in your customer's possession. We're a Clorox dealer too and from what I've seen so far, most of your requests are like talking to a wall.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The individual retailers would carry little weight as migh a company like Laurel. But I can only wonder what % of 4 oz bottles are sold thru Kleen Right and Sonny's as well as a few others . It would seem like together, these distributers might have some influence. I as much as told this to KR and Sonny's reps.

Sparky

Reaction score
LAurel 3-Column Vendor

I too could not believe it when the new Armorall bottles would not fit in my vendor. I started by calling my supplier, Windtrax, apparently they had not heard of this problem yet but did offer to purchase them back at my option.
I next called Laurel and they had heard of the problem but had no suggestion.
I then called Armorall and they were aware of the problem and referred me to Clorox as Clorox had recently purchased Armorall. And again got nowhere.

I have a 3-column vendor with Armorall TireFoam and Simoniz window cleaner (because Armorall quit selling Tire Cleaner in 4 oz bottles, never liked it anyway) and a empty column.

Well I finally did it, I rebuilt the column by extending it a 1/4 inch wider. Total cost less than 10 bucks and about 2 hours of work. Anyone wanting details can contact me here.

Let me add here that Laurel did not blow me off as I felt Clorox and Armorall did. It is not their fault that Clorox changed their bottles. But they could offer an upgrade.

I was first aware of this problem earlier this year, 2008, but just finally did something about it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since my original pot I have rec'd later shipments which seem to fit. The ones that didn't fit I used in the drop shelf vender I had at another location.

MEP001

Reaction score
I noticed too that the bottles, at least for a while, were taller, but they vended fine in the single-column vendor. The last couple of orders they were the original height again, but they are still a different color top, not the original white, so ArmorAll/Clorox must have solved this with their bottle supplier.