What's new

Anyone have experience with PUR CLEAN spot free systems?

slash007

Reaction score
I have been wanting to add spot free to my ss wash for a while, but due to space limitations it was impossble. I ran across this system that doesn't need a salt tank, so I though that with one less big tank required, I might be able to swing it, especially if I get rid of my large water tank and just put up a tankless heater. Anyone ever used this system or know anything about it?

Here is a link to the website: http://www.purclean.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=116

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I've never seen a spot free system with a salt tank. The only salt tanks I have ever seen are a part of the water softener. Judging from your post, I'm assuming you don't have a water softener.

slash007

Reaction score
I've never seen a spot free system with a salt tank. The only salt tanks I have ever seen are a part of the water softener. Judging from your post, I'm assuming you don't have a water softener.

You are correct, I do not have a water softener. I think what the PURCLEAN does is to eliminate the need for a softener.

MEP001

Reaction score
The images don't tell much about the system, but it's probably a DA type which has two softener tanks, one with a cation exchange resin and the other with an anion exchange resin. They require monthly replacement of the media. Long-term cost-wise, you'd be better off with a softener and RO system.

slash007

Reaction score
I figured that if no softener was required, then it would have to be made up somehow. I wondered what the cost of the convenience would be. I'll probably give them a call and find out.