What's new

Anyone else feeling the sting of the economy

Etowah

washnshine

Reaction score
The amount of new car washes nation wide in the last 2 years hasn't helped, along with the weather.
Very true. I’m one of the forum members old enough to remember reading the actual paper version of PC&D. )Professional Car Washing and Detailing) magazine. Yes - the actual magazine. I remember one month, the cover read something like “Denver: Market Saturation?” How many towns could be in that title today!

soonermajic

Reaction score
South of Texarkana (Atl,Tx) just shut our carwash down for 3rd time this Summer.
First 2x was 2 days. This time it was 1 day, but they originally said 3 days.
Previous owner said that happens each Summer, multiple times.
Worst part, all 3 times have been great weather Fri/Sat!!!

washnshine

Reaction score
South of Texarkana (Atl,Tx) just shut our carwash down for 3rd time this Summer.
First 2x was 2 days. This time it was 1 day, but they originally said 3 days.
Previous owner said that happens each Summer, multiple times.
Worst part, all 3 times have been great weather Fri/Sat!!!
That’s tough, coach. I’m not in one of those regions (yet) but would rather wash every day for 6/8 hours, or whatever - limited hours , rather than give up an entire day for that very reason. At least you can get in 6/8 hours on a nice Saturday or Sunday. As long as the customers know, they’ll get to you if they really want to. Shutting out an entire day(s) would be tough.

washnvac

Reaction score
I am in lower, slower Delaware. We raised our prices 15% in March. So actual sales are up, but car counts are down a bit. Making same $$$, with less wear & tear.

washnvac

Reaction score
Just in from Mister Car Wash:

*Mister Car Wash shares are trading lower after the company reported worse-than-expected Q2 results and lowered FY22 guidance.
Benzinga
5:28 pm ETRecap: Mister Car Wash Q2 Earnings
Benzinga
4:44 pm ET*Mister Car Wash Lowers FY22 Revenue Guidance From $875M-$895M To $860M-$880M Vs $885.73M Est., Lowers Adj. EPS Guidance From $0.44-$0.47 To $0.36-$0.39 Vs $0.45 Est., Lowers Adj. EBITDA Guidance From $284M-$297M To $268M-$278M

frank ames

Reaction score
Definitely down in my area ofLouisiana. I have 6 bays and a tunnel.Too hot for bay washers and too dry for tunnel washers,since their cars aren’t getting filthy. Throw higher prices in every other aspect of their lives, leaves less money for car washing. Hoping something gives in this equation!

Reactions: sjb