What's new

Anybody had this problem with there ww2?

carwash1970

Reaction score
The machine will start a wash when the cars drivers side front tire is on the outer side of the guide rail. This happened with my ww2 damaging a car. Is this a design problem Coleman has with there ww2? Has anybody else had this problem? If so what did you do to fix the problem?

Carwash1970

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
The machine will start a wash when the cars drivers side front tire is on the outer side of the guide rail. This happened with my ww2 damaging a car. Is this a design problem Coleman has with there ww2? Has anybody else had this problem? If so what did you do to fix the problem?

Carwash1970
We did away with the treadle eye and went to the treadle that the tire has to sit on for the gantry to move,,,This also keeps the machine from being activated by a clump of mud, or ice or snow buildup

carwash1970

Reaction score
What system do you have, I was told that a tire treadle would not work with the WW 2.0. If it will work is there any info you could give me?

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
What system do you have, I was told that a tire treadle would not work with the WW 2.0. If it will work is there any info you could give me?
It is an option that is available from Coleman,,, We have three machines with the tire treadle on them

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
I just noticed something in your quote, you have the ww 2.0, ours are the older model, I cannot see why there would be that much of a difference between the machines,
Ours came with the telco eyes and the treadle the tire sits on uses a prox switch, not that much difference

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
I just noticed something in your quote, you have the ww 2.0, ours are the older model, I cannot see why there would be that much of a difference between the machines,
Ours came with the telco eyes and the treadle the tire sits on uses a prox switch, not that much difference
O.K. one more correction I need to make is that what came with the machine was not telco eyes they are actually "BANNER" eyes which were used on the entrance eyes and the treadle eyes.

Reds

Reaction score
I have two WW2.0's and both came with a treadle that uses prox switches. One was new in 2005 and one in 2008. The only thing I had to add was a guard to keep the prox switch linkage from getting damages when someone jumped the rail and ran it over. The guard also stops them from going past the treadle and hitting the gantry. The only problem I have with a treadle is that some people stop the moment the buzzer sounds, when their tire is barely on the treadle, and then when they put it in park they roll back just a little bit and shut the wash off. I'm still trying to figure out how to alter the treadle to eliminate that issue.

carwash1970

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I willl be contacting Coleman today.

carwash1970

carwash1970

Reaction score
One more question,

On the virtual treadle, if a car is two far to the left and is over on the other side of the guide rail, the eyes of the treadle sees the passenger tire, the horn goes off the scrolling sign tells the car to stop and thinks that the car is in position. The machine starts the wash and hits the side of the car. Is there not a safety feature on the WW 2.0 to see that the car is not in the right position?

Carwash1970

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'd say a treadle wouldbe the most reliable way to solve that problem, but if you didn't want to install one a pressure senstive mat could probably be used also in series with the eyes.

Etowah