What's new

Anybody Building Dog Washes

Laser Tracer

Reaction score
Thinking about adding a dog wash,not one around. Pro's, cons ,equiptment any input would be helpful. Is this a profitable investment?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I am in the process of building one. I am just finishing up the behind the scenes work and hope to start construction here in the spring.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like to build one myself; get a permit and add on to my new detail shop for one tub. I am confident I could do the project with my Dad; sub out the cement work and excavating, frame it ourselves, roof it, sub the electrical and plumbing. 1 tub.

However, I should probably focus this coming year on banking money instead of spending it! But I still desire to add a petwash.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
FYI - my building inspector is really putting me in it. He wants everything done up to commercial specs. Before I get flamed, I know that by code they should be. The twp. inspector has a reputation for being quite lax about such things and that is what sucks. My opinion is that because he is probably bored out of his mind, he is focusing on me since that is all he has. Oh well, I will keep plugging away.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You might talk with the city mayor and/or a councilman explaining that in this economy, they should encourage any business expansion, vs screwing with you, that you are doing it right but are thinking of bagging the whole deal and any other expansion in that town.

JustClean

Reaction score
There are a some around my place. They all have this one: http://www.trubludogwash.com.au/ which is a very nice well built unit. But talking to the operators I get mixed results. If you have lot of mobile dogwashes around who come to your place it is not such a good idea to put one in - well, that's what I heard. I am a bit hesitant to put one in at the moment.

Last edited: