What's new

Antifreeze soaps

crewchief97

Reaction score
How well do the antifreeze soaps work in foam brushes? I weep now, thinking about going to the antifreeze soap. My supplier said the purge system was not worth it. Thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How well do the antifreeze soaps work in foam brushes? I weep now, thinking about going to the antifreeze soap. My supplier said the purge system was not worth it. Thanks
The AF soap not only will keep the lines from freezing. (KR works for me but you need to vary the dilution) But if a customer comes in and the temp has been below freezing fro a while the non AF foam soap may very well freeze as it is applied. Even if you use warm water for the Foam Brush the air injection brings the temp down as does the 50 foot or more run from the equip room to the brush head.

soapy

Reaction score
Most antifreeze foamy brush is a mixture of 50 gallons of methenol and 5 gallons of concentrated foamy brush soap. Run it through a hydrominder for the following freeze levels. 10% is good to 25 degrees, 20% is good for 10 degrees, 30% final dilution is good for 0 degrees, 40% is good for -20 F.

crewchief97

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Soapy. I sell methanol by the barrel so it looks like I can mix my own. It will be nice this winter not having all the ice hanging from the brushes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You may want to consider local codes and how energetic the inspectors are vis a vis having an open 50 Gallon drum of methanol in the equipment room. I think soem operators have had issues with this.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why not just call O.S.H.A. and your insurance company while you're at it???

That should really louse up your plan for a.f. f.b. soap!

EZ car wash

Reaction score
Does anyone on here make their own anti-freeze brush soap and if so, can they post a "recipe"?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's posted just above; I think it's 50 gal methanol to 5 gal, fb soap.

EZ car wash

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw the above post but I was wondering if there was any favorites as to the soap used and if anyone was actually mixing their own anti-freeze soap and having good luck at it.