What's new

And things started off so well...

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Heading to Las Vegas on the 10th. Yesterday I cracked a crown on one of my teeth. It wasn't hurting or anything, but it was catching food and slicing the floss almost every time I tried. On top of bugging the crap out of me I figured it was going to finish breaking at the most inopportune time. My dentist office is next door to one of my car washes so I just walked in the door (without appointment) and explained my plight. The girl walked in the back to see what they could do. She came back and said "Have a seat and Dr. Bob will check you out shortly." (gotta love small towns) Within a few minutes, I was in the chair. He took a look and said that replacement was the only option, but "On the bright side, we make them right here in the office now and can have you fixed up in about an hour if you have the time." Of course I gave him the go ahead, thinking it doesn't get any easier than this. He also said that since the tooth had already had a root canal he wouldn't even have to numb me...cool. His assistant did the scanning/mapping or whatever with their high-tec gizmos that make the crown. Dr. Bob comes in and proceeds to do some grinding for whatever reason. He was grinding right along, pain free, and then all the sudden I feel a sharp pain in my tongue and "Dang it!!!" from Dr. Bob (there's never a good dang it from a Dr. when pain is involved) followed by him shoving gauze under my tongue. Long story short, I now have a shiny new crown, and three stitches in the underside of my numb tongue...oh well, whad'ya gonna do?

mac

Reaction score
I would like to move by Dr Bob.