What's new

American Changer 8001 programming

washnvac

Reaction score
Sooooo.....AC says they can no longer download programming to their machines for credit card use. Has anyone found a work around, or another vendor, or better yet the software to make htis happen? I can not believe they just stopped supporting these machines; other than spending $4k to convert it to Cryptopay, that is.

I used to be a big fan of AC. Not so much anymore. Since Lenny left, and there have been all these mergers, it really has gone to $hit.

I have two locations I am selling with five 8001s. Do not want to have to spend $20k to convert. Any help is appreciated.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
My recommendation is to replace them all with something else ASAP. We purchased a wash and spent about $5000 between the 2 AC8001’s to upgrade them. That got us taking cards again but we kept having unexplained issues and later pulled them out and replaced. If you are interested in the new boards out of these 2 units let me know. They have IP trans and flex boards. I will sell them for nearly nothing.

george361

Reaction score
I had similar issue not long ago. Did they offer you an option to send in your data cap box for programing? I did sweet talk them into loading datacap software to vertural portal that I was then able to download programing to data cap box. You need data cap software to do this. They messed up the program file multiple times, be sure to run test transactions

george361

Reaction score
Some useful directions if you can get American Changer to offer this service still. Additionally I tried to switch to cryptopay and ended up with communication issue between Swiper and ac8001. Cryptopay was stumped but made a solid effort to support. American changer was unresponsive even to cryptopay management. I have some swipers for sale if you would like to try.

Attachments