What's new

Alternate source for PDQ drive belts

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I just bought some spare drive belts from my distributor for the PDQ LW360 and Tandem units and was stunned by the $11 per foot price tag. I'm wondering if any of you have been able to find an alternate source for this belt material. Either through Grainger, McMaster Carr, etc.?
I'm sure they just buy a large spool and cut these belts to length. I'd like to do the same thing and possibly save some money.

Any information would be appreciated.

boywonder

Reaction score
Check with a parts store. I was able to get the arch rotate belt through them

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have been looking closely at upgrading my two automatics with PDQ high on the list as a possible mfg.. Two quick questions for you guys. How would you rate the overall reliability of PDQ and two are most of their parts proprietary? I already own Access units and have been pretty impressed with their quality and reliability. Your belt question stirred my curiosity. Actually, if you have any comments on the cleaning quality that would be helpful as well (I realize chemical plays a major role here!) Just trying to get some PDQ input.

boywonder

Reaction score
As far as the reliablity its has gotten a lot better. It seems like there are fewer parts on these machines than the old LW4000's but I may be wrong. As far as proprietary parts, I don't think its anymore than any other machine on the market. My machines are 2 years old and run a fair amount of cars. If I were to do it again, I would seriously consider the new Washworld machine or putting in a mini tunnel.

Etowah

soapy

Reaction score
I don't have a laser but do have a ryko that uses belt drive. Their belt is made by a company called Breco FLex. I bought a roll of 300 feet from them once at a big savings. Astromatic will sell you shorter lengths of the belt which is probably the same as a laser. The number of teeth per inch is the critical thing to check. I found that the companies that make the clear overhead doors also use the same belt for their counter weight systems.
Another scource for the belts is your local bearing supply store. Most also have access to this kind of belt for other industrial applications.