What's new

Alarm for changers

mac

Reaction score
Had a customer who got broken into and destroyed a changer. So no problem, I'll replace it and install a shock sensor connected to an screeching alarm. Checked three of the bigger manufacturers for a simple system. The place has a camera system, but no security to trigger the alarm. Well none of the suppliers has such a simple unit. So I figured someone here has come up with this. Any ideas?

seattleguy

Reaction score
What kind of camera system do they have? We've been drilling holes and installing I pinhole cameras. Always looking for a better system.

OurTown

Reaction score
So they do not have a monitored alarm system now? This is where we have bought some components for our system and purchased our cellular monitoring through:

https://www.alarmsystemstore.com/

Maybe they can help you figure out something simple.

OurTown

Reaction score
What kind of camera system do they have? We've been drilling holes and installing I pinhole cameras. Always looking for a better system.

What type of pinhole cameras have you been installing?

Randy

Reaction score
I used to have a shock sensor on my changer. The alarm would go off almost daily form poeple hitting the front of the changer, disconncted it years ago. Inside the equipment room I have 2 HD cameras and the equipment room is alarmed, so if they do get inside they'd better have on hearing protection, it hurts. Why lock your changer? The cabinet for my changer is around $1200, the complete changer is around $6000 I don't keep that much money in it. So why lock it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I can barely get through two days on what the DRS holds, so I have to lock it. An alarm with shock sensor sounds like a good idea.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I can barely get through two days on what the DRS holds, so I have to lock it. An alarm with shock sensor sounds like a good idea.
That's approx. $2,400 in qtrs! That's some serious coin Mep...lol Your wash must be turning and burning.....congrats!👍

mac

Reaction score
What type of pinhole cameras have you been installing?
They have a good camera system and have good pictures. Plus the perp cut himself tearing out the faceplate and they have DNA from that. I just thought that if a shock sensor was there an alarm would have scared him away. The shock sensors have an adjustment to decide how severe the pounding is before triggering the alarm.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I use monnit sensors for a few things (monnit .com), for example the door open/close sensor so I know if somebody is at the wash. (It should only be me...). I get a txt within 5 seconds, then quick check the cameras on my phone. It has been extremely reliable.
They do have impact & vibration sensors, but I dont think they have a siren (just looked, didnt see one). They're more geared toward industrial applications, not security. Might be worth a look though.