What's new

Air Shammees in bays

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of post about air shammees in the self serve bays. Do a lot of operaters use them? If so are you happy with the results? Do they get enough use to warrant installing them or do they just take up space most of the time? Thinking of putting them in my 6 bay but before I go to the trouble of installing new switches (all positions are currently used), make new bay door decals, buy and install just wondering about the ROI on them and if they bring enough to justify. Thanks in advance......

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I heard a number of operators discussing the dryers in the bays and it was all positive, but you should put them in your busiest bays. Blastodry advertises here, check them out.

BillClinton

Reaction score
I would install them. I have an unused position on my rotary switch already. My problem is that I don't know where I could install them and them not get in the way of something else. I already have two overhead 360 degree booms and one 180 degree boom on each of the walls. With 4 booms already, I don't see how I could fit in another boom or rig it up another way without interfering with an existing boom. Any thoughts?

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I installed 3 blasto dry units a year ago in my 3 busiest bays...they get alot of usage. I actually just put an hour meter on one of them this week to track the usage....my guess would be 15 to 20 hours per month....that is just a guess. I will post real numbers once I get them. I also put in bay vacs in two bays and they get quite a bit of use as well, it's on the dial and they are paying 50% more to use them....most customers havent figured that out yet.

randy64

Reaction score
I also put in bay vacs in two bays and they get quite a bit of use as well, it's on the dial and they are paying 50% more to use them....most customers havent figured that out yet.[/QUOTE]

aren't you worried that when the figure it out they won't come back

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I also put in bay vacs in two bays and they get quite a bit of use as well, it's on the dial and they are paying 50% more to use them....most customers havent figured that out yet.
aren't you worried that when the figure it out they won't come back[/QUOTE]

I am not worried at all, they have a choice to use my other vacs that are $2 for 4 minutes. It is mearly a convience to have it on the dial....if anyone was to question me I would explain and offer them a token back and tell them to use the other vacs next time.....Nobody has ever questioned the price, most are very happy that they are in the bay....especially on an ugly day.

washme1

Reaction score
You will want to make sure that you have adequate electrical service to handle the additional load.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have heard of issues where the weather gets below freexing with ice accumulation. Any comments?

washme1

Reaction score
The units I have were fabricated by my distributor. I have not had any problems with ice accumulation. My gun holder is near the exit of each bay. If the holder was located near the center of the bay, I could see where it would be a problem as it is with my tri gloss gun holder.

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
one of the first things I did when I bought my wash 1 year and 3 weeks ago was install the blasto dry in the 2 top bays with mosmatics. The top bays moved out 1 each from the pr on each side. I have no meters to tell of for usage. After @ 3 months the 4 bays @ the pr preformed the same. I also added a visicomb from unclesam after 6 months. This was all to compete with the 2 washes that are close to me. We are up @ 30% from last year as we now have something to go on. The visicombo is @ 7% of our daily buiss, we have the cc option that is not used much but is a great tool for keeping us up to date on the total sales for the day within .5% of total sales. I feel like I could have done a better job selling the blasto with banners and such. If I had my way I would do it all, ie new paved lot, banners, ads, vacs, ect. I hope the 30% is what I have done and not weather and econ.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
Was thinking of getting the CC reader on my new visicombo....should I do it?
I am not too interested in tracking total sale data....I do it by counting the cash.