What's new

Air shammee???

lustralover

Reaction score
:mad::mad::mad:In my bay 5 my air shammee was running realy week. So i turned it on and went into the atic where the units are kept. There is one motor not spinning. so i order another motor for the air shammee. I spent about 30min replacing the motor and started up the device . still the same problem . so i take the fuse from the left motor and try it in the center motor. it spins three times faster and melts the fuse to the cap. WTF???

MEP001

Reaction score
Did you make sure the motor you put in was the right voltage? If the original motors are 240V and you put in a 120V, it would spin too fast.

Keep the old motor; you might only have needed a fuse.

lustralover

Reaction score
thay only make one model of motor for this air shammee. i had the air on then changing the fuses. dont know is that will make a diffrance???

MEP001

Reaction score
Did you check the voltage on the motors? They may only make one model of motor that will fit, but they almost certainly make the same model in 120V and 240V.

sparkey

Reaction score
Is the motor wired correctly. My motors take a hot from each phase to neutral to give 110 volts. You didn't accidently get the new motor wired across 2 phases giving you 220 volts by chance?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I wired a vac motor to a wild leg once. That will make one sing. I shut it off and rewired correctly and it worked just fine. It didn't seem to hurt the motors. That was years ago and I think I'm still running them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I got to fix the result of hooking up a Fragramatics fragrance-vac to a wild leg once - it fried everything in the unit except the motors. Even the lights, transformers and somehow the vac motor relay which never got powered up.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I got to fix the result of hooking up a Fragramatics fragrance-vac to a wild leg once - it fried everything in the unit except the motors. Even the lights, transformers and somehow the vac motor relay which never got powered up.
Similar experience. At that time I was more naive & less understanding, I approached my electrician & asked him why the multimeter was dancing from 0 to 190volts on that leg to ground. When he kind of chuckled & said "that was the wild leg" ... I responded emphatically "Now you tell me" I suppose I could have added a few expletives ... but I did not!!!

Another reason not to give all electricians a blank check! When local authorities infringe on our freedom to be responsible when we do get familiar enough ... can really make some of us see "stars" :eek: