What's new

Air Shammee

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I just had 2 Air Shammee's installed in my 2 busiest self serve bays. It has amazed me how many customers have used them so far. I'm not sure if it's just because it's something new and they want to give it a try, or if they will actually use them on a regular basis. I wanted to ask everyone that has them in their washes, if you use just the standard gun, or if you also added the fan tips on the guns? I tried them on my truck (crew cab superduty), and was thinking that it takes a lot of time to get a vehicle dried. This is good, but was wandering if the fan tip would shed the water any better. Any opinions?

Thanks
Lighthouse

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I switched to the fan tip on mine, seems to work better than the round opening. I too see customers use it, but haven't really noticed if any were return users or not. I agree it takes awhile to dry a vehicle, so I focus my efforts on marketing to the motorcycle guys who do return to use it over and over.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Definitely want the fan tips. My usage is not causing me to make extra trips to the bank, but I do see more motorcycle guys in the bays than before. Word gets around quickly in those circles.

bigleo48

Reaction score
No Fan tip...had them for 3 years now. Usage is ok. Motorcycles love them.

I did some mods to them. Took trigger/plug and bypass valves out. Added weight in handle. Better flow with less friction.

Big

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Update

Well, I checked the counters on the Air Shammee yesterday. Tuesday will be a full week, and it looks like they may each do about an hour of use for the week. After doing some quick math, they should return the total investment in about 10 to 12 months. Now I am hoping that the usage will go up once people see they are there, but only time will tell.

Lighthouse

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Lighthouse, make sure that you have good signage where the nozzle is hung. I assumed people would know what they were, but 6 months later they were still customers who were surprised to find out that it was a blower!

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I placed the factory Air Shammee signs right above the gun holders. I ordered 2 of the banners and put them as close to the street as I possibly could. I am also going to go and speak with some of the local motorcycle dealerships and just let them know that I have them. There is a Harley Davidson dealership just down the street, so I hope and I can grab some business from that.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

bigleo48

Reaction score
Got a fan tip to try and it works much better with the tip. Will order more for every bay.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Bigleo,
I got my fan tips today for the air shammee's. Do you just glue them things on or what? If so, what kind of adhesive did you use. I was wandering if some gorilla snot (3M weatherstrip glue) would work.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I believe you remove the bolts on the end of your gun and slip the fan tip over the nozzle and put the bolts back to hold it in place.

Etowah

bigleo48

Reaction score
They come with a pop rivet, so you drill a hole and install the rivet or a stainless screw.