What's new

Air shammee

HCW

Reaction score
Well, I've read a lot about inbay air shammee and I understand that the stand alone just won't generate any income but I think in my area it will:cool:
I am ready to get one ordered but I am wondering if it's an easy project to put a turbo towel on a stand alone as far as adding a coin acceptor....? I have called a local dealer but never received an estimate, so is it something I can handle or is it better to buy a diskin stand alone?

Thanks in advance

MEP001

Reaction score
It takes more than a basic understanding of how such a unit works and would wire up to do it. You should have a professional electrician to connect the unit anyway, but the coin acceptor/timer would be very simple. But if you have to ask if it's something you can handle, it's probably not.

chaz

Reaction score
Bought one on a money back offer, since added two more in my bays. I put usage meter on the units, paid off in under a year.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Bought one on a money back offer, since added two more in my bays. I put usage meter on the units, paid off in under a year.
Why can't I get an offer like that?

chaz

Reaction score
The deal is offered through kleen write on a regional basis depending on the disken travel schedule. I think it's for the inbay model. You may want to check with disken for their schedule.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Why do you think your "Out of the bay" placement will work when no one else has had any luck? I thought I had the perfect placement, under a vac canopy. I bought two of them and couldn't be more disappointed. Between the two they probably average less than $5 a week. Quite often, at least one of them won't have any money at all in it. Later, I bought three and installed them in the bays at another wash and am well pleased with the result. I hear them running numerous times each day. I will eventually move my duds to the meter dial (I've been getting around to that for several years now).

HCW

Reaction score
Well, I've seen customers bringing their leaf blowers to our wash to dry their vehicles :eek:. After checking with them to see if they would like to see air dryers in the bays and their response was that the car wash two miles down the road bay's are very confusing with so many hoses. When I mentioned the stand alone dryer they thought that is the way to go. I may end up installing inbay ones in the two slowest ss bays and leave the other two without for now. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you put them in the busiest bays where they'll see them?