What's new

Adding Triple Foam

washregal

Reaction score
As a SS operator if you didnt have TF would you add it? How much ROI do you think can be attained by adding this feature to SS Bays?

MEP001

Reaction score
How well it does depends a lot on where you put the gun. I've heard from lots of people, both people I know and on here, that they installed it, it performed poorly, and they removed it. I've installed probably 25, and I always mount the gun on the wall directly across from the meter box and hang the foam brush from the center of that wall, so customers have to walk past the foam gun to get to the brush. They have no trouble finding and using it. About a third of my customers use it. $200 in chems last six months. I'd have to roughly guesstimate that it pays for itself over again every year.

I watched at one guy's wash one day where he mounted the foam gun holder catacorner from the meter box. His customer selected it, looked around for it for half a minute, then finished without ever using it. He's one that ended up removing it for lack of use.

Going by what other forum members have said, I think I'd do in-bay dryers before trifoam.

slash007

Reaction score
I would say depends on location too. I added it 3.5 years ago to one of that didn't have it, and sometimes when the bays are full you'll see 3-4 cars at a time with their cars covered in it. Chemicals for it last forever. At my other wash the demographics are different and it gets less use. Same for the air dryers. Way less use at my wash with the lower TF use.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I had triple color wax in my Self Serves then converted it to the Hot Wax and Shine and it now sells like crazy plus I'm only buying one chemical instead of 3 now.

soapy

Reaction score
I had triple foam and converted to Rain X and sell much more of it. You might also look at the new ceramic waxes that are coming out.