What's new

Adding Nayax to Vacs, count which way?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Adding Nayax VPOS to new vacuums. What is everyone doing? Do I put a stop button and do count up, or do I program the Nayax at set pricing and they can select if they want $1, $2, $5 etc? I will also have bill acceptors but am eliminating the coin mechs and want to be able to do a free vacuum with the top wash through Beacon mobile. My self serve bays will do count up if it matters.

Lighthouse

MEP001

Reaction score
It depends. I'm changing out my vacs so they're all either fragrance vac or shampoo vac, and I will most likely run them count-down since you can't run count-up and have a different time for the fragrance or shampoo. If I put a CC reader on a plain vac I'd run count-up.

Carwashking

Reaction score
I did my vacs count down with Nayax. Reason was I didn’t want to install different timers. Jack Adam’s Vac with cube timer and mechanical coin acceptors.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
In doing count up, did you install a stop button or just use the touchscreen? I've heard of issues with Nayax and the touchscreen as the stop button. I'm doing an actual stop button on my self serve meters when I install them.

Lighthouse

kentadel

Reaction score
I have count up with a separate stop button. I will post a pic...this is before I added instruction stickers.

Last edited:

kentadel

Reaction score
We did not order a stop button from them. Their button seemed a bit small to us.

Keno

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing how you hooked up that external stop button?
Nayax customer support knows how - they were telling me you have to connect 2 wires in the Nayax pulse harness through the stop switch and they have to make some backend setting adjustment. The guy I was talking to made it sound simple, but I wasn't ready to install the buttons yet, so I told him I would call back when i was ready.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Vac company is telling me they can't run the Nayax with a bill acceptor and do count up at the same time. I know this is false, they just don't want to take the time to mess with it. So, I called a guy that is supposed to be the guru. He won't help with the Nayax programming since I bought the readers direct myself. I think I can just buy the harness and stop button from XCP and get the wiring all figured out, but the programming is what I am being told that you need an expert who knows what they are doing. Is this the case? Does Nayax have any one? Has anyone done this themselves? I don't like the idea of trying to return 12 readers and buying the same readers again from the guy that can program them. Help me off the cliff please!

Lighthouse

MEP001

Reaction score
Vac company is telling me they can't run the Nayax with a bill acceptor and do count up at the same time.
Exactly what vacuum is this? That could be true if the bill acceptor is connected via MDB and they offer the vac with Nayax but can only do one or the other.
So, I called a guy that is supposed to be the guru.
Who is this guy?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Vac company is telling me they can't run the Nayax with a bill acceptor and do count up at the same time.

He won't help with the Nayax programming since I bought the readers direct myself.
The only thing that would prevent you from running count up is if you're not using a Dixmor timer. The bill acceptor and Nayax hook to different inputs on the Dixmor.

Did you really expect someone you didn't buy a product from to help you set up that product? We don't get into the programming of any of the credit card systems. It opens us up to a potential for some huge liability issues because it would provide us access to some of the wash owner's financial information. We also will build pretty much any system the wash owner wants into our doors and vacs. Every one of them has different setup and maintenance requirements that would be a nightmare for us to stay up on.