What's new

Adding Crytopay to Vacuums

New Washdog

Reaction score
We would like to add Cryptopay to our vacuums. We would like to keep our current cash price at $1 for four minutes. We would also like to charge slightly more for the convenience and so we don't have to absorb the added CC charges. Of course we would add appropriate signage that would likely be ignored. A call to Crytopay confirmed its possible by changing the coin pulse value setting through them.

Has anyone else done this? How confusing is this for customers?

Thanks in advance!

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
4 or 5 months ago we added Cryptopay to our vacs. We kept our price at $1 for 4 minutes.
Many charge people complained about about having to run the card thru twice to finish vacuuming.
That weekend I talked to many vac customers and ALL of them agreed with me to raise the startup time to $2 for more time.
We changed all the vacs to $2 for 8 minutes on Monday.
I posted a $2 start decals but did not post how much time even though we raised it to 8 minutes.This way I can reduce time if I want too later.
EVERYBODY likes it and my vac income doubled that month. Not one complaint.

Touchless

Reaction score
We added Cryptopay to our vacs 1 1/2 years ago because I wanted to decrease the quarters we were getting. I did not accomplish that, instead I got more income from customers using and liking using credit cards so I’m happy about that.
Our price is $2.50 for 4 minutes. I did the the same price for cryptopay using the count down, so they swipe for a minimum charge of $2.50 for 4 mins and if they want more time they can press the button to add .25 for additional 24 seconds. I have the maximum charge set to $6.00. You can set the time per quarter or pulse that you want. Most customers will use the vac then a self bay which Cryptopay combines the charges to help minimize the fee.
You can set each swiper to the way you want so in my case the vacs are set to the above and all self bays are set as a count up with a max charge of $15.00.
You can play with the pulse and time and depending on how much you vary it customers may not even notice it.

Last edited:

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
does anyone have timers on their vacuums along with crypto pay, I want to add them and maker my vacuums to count up like my self serve bays and ditch the coin drops. I have not seen this yet so it makes me wonder if its possible/or worth it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Dis it by adding LED 7 to my 4 of my 8 Vacs. I have 2 Vacs per island and one on each has crypto - count up.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We added LED7 to all our Vacs even without the CC acceptance & count up ... I am pretty sure the customers appreciate the visual feedback the LED7 gives. In the future we could still add the Crypto ... if we so choose ... & slightly reconfigure the LED7 for count up it seems.