What's new

Add on Bill Acceptor Boxes in Bays

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a couple concerns with taking $10 bills in the bays: the main one would be the higher chance that someone will put a bill in it and expect change paid out for the time they don't use. Yes, there will be people who, despite there being no obvious place for change to be dispensed, expect money back anyway. The other may be unfounded, but crooks who see it takes $10 bills might think it has a huge amount of money in it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Taking $10s:

Pro - Guy wants to spend it - let him
-Guy doesn't neccessarily want to spend it but that's what he has so what the heck.
-Guy wants to spend $10+ - Make it easy for him.
- Opening stacker and finding $10s - sweet

Con's

On rare occasion a numb nuts thinks it's a changer. Be nice and make and instill customer loyalty.

slash007

Reaction score
:confused:

They are worth twice as much as 5 dollar bills.

Is there a good reason to not accept them???
I should probably have rephrased my question... Since I am starting from scratch, I have to decide whether it is worth an extra $70/bay to add the capability to accept $10 bills? If I already had an acceptor that took them, I would turn on the $10 acceptance for sure.

MEP001

Reaction score
slash007 said:
I should probably have rephrased my question... Since I am starting from scratch, I have to decide whether it is worth an extra $70/bay to add the capability to accept $10 bills? If I already had an acceptor that took them, I would turn on the $10 acceptance for sure.
If it gets customers to spend more because you can take $10 bills, then the extra $70 is an investment that will hopefully pay off. If you have any problems it's just a flip of a switch to disable it.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
For our RVs, larger pickup trucks, larger vans & other specialty equipment vehicles our ten acceptance is nice. We are considering turning on our $20 acceptance. It also takes care of the customers who are hypersensitive to being interrupted. Other payment methods besides cash is a way to address that issue ... but the initial & ongoing extra cost for that is most likely more than your $70 consideration ... in my humble opinion of course.:)

Also I think that many of us are in denial when it comes to present & future inflation costs. With an employers' market rather than an employees' market area ... I suppose some of you do not feel as much pressure to pay & provide benefits better. It seems like we are being a fed a line putting a feather in the their hats ... condescending Federal Reserve People (bragging) that inflation has been kept at 2% per year. Correct me if I am wrong; but I would much prefer that you corrected those indirectly elected individuals though ... unless you want much more of the same or worse.:(

YouTube Deficit Sleuth person ... mike walsh king koin