What's new

ACW IV steals TokenNotes

Rudy

Reaction score
What would cause an ACW IV to occaisionally steal a TokenNote? I tried swapping validators, but no change. The validator "validates" the TokenNote, stacks it in the stacker, but gives no credit.

This only happens sometimes.....and only with TokenNotes, and (to the best of my knowledge) NOT cash. What's up?

MEP001

Reaction score
We had the same issue with cash - swapping validators made no difference either. I replaced the stacker with a spare and it stopped, but I didn't get to test it for long before we started getting strung and I replaced it all with a Mars.

soapy

Reaction score
Check the programing of the acw to see if it is set on single credit mode or multiple credit mode. In single credit mode for token notes it will give credit for the first token note then it will just collect all others after that if a wash has not been used.

Rudy

Reaction score
It turned out to be a bad controller. When I fed the suspect unit 50 tokens in a row, it accepted all of them, but failed to credit about 3. All were stacked. I was back in business with a spare controller that I bought years ago used. It was a lifesaver.

Before I send the bad controller in for repair, has anyone tried replacing several of the IC's on your own? Several of the chips are available cheaply on the Internet, and I'm thinking of replacing the main CPU, memory, and (2) Parallel Interface Chips myself. All of these parts can be had for about $35 or so.......