What's new

ACW Display

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
I know not to beat an old horse on the unreadable display. But have new thought, could you offer a retro fit kit for voice for ACW 5? The display then becomes secondary. Our ACW 5 has been almost flawless for years except for the display. Now cusomers would rather wait in line for the other IBA with voice rather than fiddle with the unreadable ACW5. The wash orientation is such that the display is in the sun most of the day.

Thanks for your help.

Ted

MEP001

Reaction score
You can switch to the LCD display, but if you're in a very hot climate the heat may cause it to turn black.

Randy

Reaction score
I?ve never seen a LCD display for an ACW-5.Who makes it or where can I get one? Some of the ACW-5?s did have a voice option, but it is no longer available. How old is the display? When was the last time you changed the UV filter on the backside of the door. When they get dark they need to be replaced. The UV filter protects the display from the harmful UV rays; it?s the UV rays that wash out the display over time. I see a lot of operators remove the UV filter when the filter turns black, this will greatly shorten the life of the display. The display for the ACW -5 is part #49-0500 list price is $232.61.

Randy

Reaction score
You could install a large LED Scrolling display $1995 list, if your controller is capable of running it. Only the newer controllers have the correct software drivers to run the LED display and only the newer controllers can be modified /upgraded to run the Scrolling display.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Randy said we probably need new LED display. He sent us new unit and a couple UV filters. I was skeptical because when the ACW was brand new it was almost impossible to read on sunny day and we have chaged filters several times and buffed plexiglass.. My son installed new unit, new UV filter, and buffed the plexiglass. I was amazed at the improvement. LED display must have improved alot since our unit was new. On sunny day like today, we still need shade just a little but it really jumps out at you then. We will probably build a tiny little shade. But before ,it did not matter how much shade was there, it was unreadable.

Thanks Randy,

Ted