What's new

ACW Accessories?

Deepshift

Reaction score
I am buying two new Goldline ACW's. We are in a windy, dusty environment and the push in CC readers build up crud. Hamilton said the slide readers are only available in the retrofit kits. I priced them both ways, with CC package and without. It was actually cheaper to buy an ACW w/o the CC option and then add the retrofit. That is the only way to get the slider type. Are there any known disadvantages to the slider type opposed to the push in type?

Randy

Reaction score
The only Credit card reader that will work on the Goldline ACW is the push pull type reader. The slide type credit card Retro fit system is made for the older ACW 4 & 5 and it will NOT work on the Goldline ACW, that?s the only disadvantage. If you want credit card card acceptance on your New Goldline ACW's your going to have to use the push pull card reader.

boywonder

Reaction score
The biggest disadvantage to the slide reader is that is scratches the **** out of the face plate. Can't wait til I can get rid of it. Plus the cards are swiped differently then all the other readers.

Deepshift

Reaction score
Well Randy, I'm sure you're right about the goldline not capable of the slider type. Hamilton told me I could use the retrofit but she didn't seem confident enough about it. Besides, boywonder didn't like them anyway.
How do you guys feel regarding the best acceptor? XE, Mars, or Coinco?

Randy

Reaction score
If you?re not planning on using the Hamilton Token notes then I would go with a Mars validator. I?d have the machine set up this way. Brick mount, Credit card acceptance with receipt printer, Angle shim on the Credit card reader, Mars validator, Dollar coin in the Hopper, IDX coin acceptors on both the Dollar coin and Quarter/ Token side. Maybe a scrolling display. Coinco validator NO WAY!!

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
The other thing is that you can't get the slide type that reads both ways. You can get the push pull type that will read the card either way.