What's new

Abus key broke in lock. What do I do?

WashFixer

Reaction score
I've got a supervac with a key broken off in the lock. I can't fish the key back out because two of the little spinning plates in front of the broken key are in the way, I can spin the outside one but the second one won't spin to clear a path. And the rest of the broken key isn't turning it either.
So what are my options? If someone would send instructions on drilling one of these I would appreciate it, or is there another alternative?

Attachments

Kevin James

Reaction score
Those locks are just about impossible to drill out. Has you drill it the disc's inside spin. We don't use those type of locks anymore where we might have to drill it out.

MEP001

Reaction score
They are very tough to drill, but you might try something more simple like a dab of Super Glue on the end of the broken off key to extract the rest.

Randy

Reaction score
I've got a supervac with a key broken off in the lock. I can't fish the key back out because two of the little spinning plates in front of the broken key are in the way, I can spin the outside one but the second one won't spin to clear a path. And the rest of the broken key isn't turning it either.
So what are my options? If someone would send instructions on drilling one of these I would appreciate it, or is there another alternative?
Well did you get the lock opened or removed for your customer?

Etowah

WashFixer

Reaction score
Yes I got the lock off, I got lucky. When I went to go drill it out I wiggle things around just right that I was able to turn it with a screwdriver. I'm thinking maybe the broken key wasn't quite in all the way and I pushed it in a little further which allowed things to turn