What's new

A real odd one

Etowah

mac

Reaction score
Just when you think you've seen it all, something strange happens. I recently put new automatic in my wash but kept the old (14 years) Unitec WS 2. Things were actually starting to work out well when I started getting calls saying a customer swiped their card but could not get a wash. Now this place has had four previous automatics in it and had been serviced and modified by some real jerks. (If any of you ever run into a guy down here named Mark Zeledek, wrap a 2 by 4 around his head and throw the body in a canal.) It took a lot of rewiring to get things working. So troubleshooting this was a real mess. It turned out that the cause was the voice module in the Unitec motherboard. Sometimes it would simply turn the wash cost to zero, or something like 0.33. When it makes it zero, pressing the button does nothing. One guy even called to let me know he bought a $10 wash for 0.33 and he didn't think that was right. Removed the voice card because it's a weekend and it's been doing just fine. The techs at Unitec are really good people (and have way more patience than I do) but even they could not explain why it did this. I am convinced There are things in this world that man is not meant to understand.