What's new

700 no start

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
MY Superior 700 will not start.

All functions work fine in manual mode. Machine moves fine in every direction manually.

The light in plc says a signal is coming in from pressure pad, so the carwash should start but will not.

Proxes look good.

Trying to diagnose from vacation in Florida. Have my electrician there now who installed the carwash originally and he can't figure it out.

Service call from my dist. may be necessary tomorrow if problem persists.

Thanks.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So far it looks like it may be a software issue.:(

Calling tech support tmorrow, so we'll see.:eek:

Since all functions can be operated manually, movement of gantry and spraybar as well as low pressure pump and hp pump, and the pad is sending an input signal to plc, it seems we have eliminated any bad parts possibilities.

At least it's snowing back home, so I've only missed half a day of carwashing with this problem!

Eric H

Reaction score
I bet you that vac motor you owe me that one of your guys has a switch in the wrong place. Maybe taking money out of the acw and knocked something loose?
Now get back to vacationing before the wife kills you!!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, that's kinda what I thought.

Today they'll be checking the input lights inside the gantry to see if all prox inputs are lit.

Missing the Magic Kingdom for this!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Update:

Spray bar breakaway prox was not lit!:(

I'm sure I covered this with staff!:confused:

It is now lit so we'll see if it washes now.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Installed spare prox for spraybar breakaway. Reset. No dice.:(

All hardware in bay tests okay. PLC says it's running the appropriate wash package but wash does not start.:(

Thinking software glitch again.:(

bigleo48

Reaction score
Over the years I have dealt with many very complicated systems (Including satellite tracking systems). Does this equipment give you the ability to debug via some logs (ie, how does the manufacturer or distributors debug this thing)?

I'm not familiar with your machine, but the Laser M5 gives you lots to look at to debug.

Finally and this may sounds simplistic to stupid, but the vast majority of weird problems I face are solved by a hard reset/reboot. Your guys have tried shutting it down and rebooting, correct? I know, stupid...but I'm just asking.

I would call your tech at the distributor and go back to enjoying your vacation. They'll figure it out without you and you won't spoil some of your hard earned vacation time with the family!

BigLeo

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The tech at Superior has the ability to debug via a modem in the plc, as well as send the wash software if that is needed.

Yes, they tried a hard reset.

The next step is tech support coordinated through my distributor, who has been doing his best so far and has always helped when I couldn't figure stuff out.

I think the factory will have some idea why the plc says a wash is starting but it isn't.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's washing cars now!:rolleyes:

It was a front ultrasonic sensor that needed re-teaching.:eek:

It's the one item I forgot.:confused:

I'll be creating a troubleshooting checklist whence I return home!:D

bigleo48

Reaction score
Good Stuff!

A postmortem is always a good idea. It's not the fault, but what you learned from it.

I'm sure Superior must have a flowchart or checklist that they might share and thus take advantage of their experience.

BigLeo