What's new

511 Hydrominder

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
What the hell did I buy? It looks like it has a large siphon breaker on top of it. If I install this, I wont be able to put the lid back on the tank...what the hell? Any ideas?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
What the hell did I buy? It looks like it has a large siphon breaker on top of it. If I install this, I wont be able to put the lid back on the tank...what the hell? Any ideas?
They make one without the siphon breaker. What are you trying to replace?

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
Take the syphon break parts off and use the rest. You'll lose more in shipping sending it back.

MEP001

Reaction score
506 has the bracket, 507 suspends from the plumbing.

It's such a pain in the butt to change the valve kit in the 506 that whenever the bracket was there and not needed I'd take out my grinder and cut it so only the retaining plate was left.

I assume the siphon breaker is only for code purposes since cutting a small hole in the drop hose accomplishes the same thing.

Randy

Reaction score
I’d send it back to whoever I bought it from and get the right one. What’s wrong with the one that’s was installed? What’s wrong with the one that’s installed now? I’ve got a couple of 506 Hydrominders that the water valve are brass, I wonder how old they are. They still work fine.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
What’s wrong with the one that was installed?
The seat broke apart and was spraying water all over the place in the tank.
What’s wrong with the one that’s installed now?
The one that I purchased is the one that has the siphon breaker on it and I'm just questioning whether or not to use it since it won't allow me to put the lid on my tank.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bubbles Galore said:
The one that I purchased is the one that has the siphon breaker on it and I'm just questioning whether or not to use it since it won't allow me to put the lid on my tank.
I suppose if you were in a real bind you could take the tiphon breaker parts off and use it.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I ended up just taking the siphon breaker off...kind of a PITA, but its working and thats all that matters.