What's new

360 and 360+

Timm40

Reaction score
I service all types of washes and have recently seen two 360's exhibit some strange "Arch lost position errors". These have been rebuilt from the arch up to the 90 degree swivel. It can go weeks without showing up and/or it can happen for a few days on end. The analog prox has been adjusted and will pass config 6 and 7. All cables have been replaced. It's so intermittent. I'm just curious if anyone else has seen/experienced this and if there was found a cause.

Zal

Reaction score
I don't know if it will help you. Just what I do on mine. It's touchy- Grab the spray bar and shake then recheck until it seems to stay adjusted. I don't think I get the engineering behind it seems a step cam would have been a better design.

Timm40

Reaction score
So I spent all day there yesterday going on more senior techs advice replacing the analog prox cable and routing it through the original polytubing and installing a new bridge node. The another problem pops up as the arch rotate drive won't initialize. I was on the phone with PDQ and we checked the new node and it's talking to the VFD and we switched VFD's and changed MOD addresses and that was where it got really weird. PDQ said this is not making sense. The arch rotate drive initialization is keeping it from coming out of maintenance and prevents any movement of the trolley and bridge.

Etowah

Zal

Reaction score
Any luck yet? I have had to Power down and back up all breakers then do “instant 20” after it reboots in full.

STXCW

Reaction score
I'm sure its set correctly, double check and make sure node is set to rs485 comm

Timm40

Reaction score
I got there yesterday and began setting up and logged in only to find the drives had initialized over night on their own. I only had to run config. 7 for the arch to fine it's position. I buttoned everything up and began running test washes. This site only has three washes and I began testing them in order. I got through the first round and began the second and it bombed on the cheapest wash just when the HP kicks in. I kept going and it would only abort on the lowest level wash when the HP kicked in and each time it was "arch lost position" analog prox. I looked over the wash package and resubmitted every part of it. It would run but every other wash it would abort at the exact same spot. I created a duplicate wash package and made it active in the event something was corrupt with that and it failed with that also. There other two wash levels would run fine without issue. I checked transport time, HP pump pressure, nozzles. I know that everything from the arch to the 90 degree swivel has been replaced. I was able to speak with Mike Menard at PDQ who said that he had seen this once before and it turned out to be water intrusion in the arch rotate motor. The failure to initialize and then initializing over night was that it dried out enough for it happen. I asked how could this be effecting the analog prox-arch lost position issue on one wash? MIke said it's condensation in the motor that is basically not allowing the motor to take full advantage of the frequency of the VFD is sending and therefore screwing with the math/algorithm of the software. So a new motor/gearbox is on order. Don't change that dial folks.

STXCW

Reaction score
I know you mentioned replacing everything, did you replace the bearing and housing?

Timm40

Reaction score
As mentioned before, from the top of the arch to the 90 degree swivel.....including the bearing and housing.....which is everything.

bosswash

Reaction score
Had this same problem a couple weeks ago. Try looking in the wire/junction box on the motor. Ours was full of water. The condensate drain had plugged up. I redid the wires with wire nuts. Knock on wood, so far so good. This was an 18 month old laser 360 plus

soonermajic

Reaction score
Dang, that's crazy BossWash!

Timm40, where are you located? Did u fix & if so, what solved it?

Danchez

Reaction score
I service all types of washes and have recently seen two 360's exhibit some strange "Arch lost position errors". These have been rebuilt from the arch up to the 90 degree swivel. It can go weeks without showing up and/or it can happen for a few days on end. The analog prox has been adjusted and will pass config 6 and 7. All cables have been replaced. It's so intermittent. I'm just curious if anyone else has seen/experienced this and if there was found a cause.
Do an input 206 and input 208 test, rotate arch or creep arch side to side a few times. You could easily have a slightly bent flag and the side to side prox isn’t able to read where the arch is