What's new

2 Questions

washlady06

Reaction score
1. We had a customer with a new Avalanche come in for a detail and his leather jacket has dyed the arm rests on his seat and on the door. Nothing will take it off. Any ideas?

2. Anyone tried bamboo towels? Good/Bad? We usually use micro fiber and were just wonder what the difference is if any.

Thank you,
Ang

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
removing one dye from another is tricky. i'd try a small less conspicuous area w/000 steel wool and some paint thinner/tar was grease remover and see if that works. be gentle!

never heard of bamboo towels.

Danny

Reaction score
Leather is tricky and I am not a leather expert by any means. I would guess that if the dye from the leather jacket bled into the leather seat that is the new color. If all else fails dye the seats back to the original color.

My personal experience with bamboo towels is that they are not as absorbent as a good micro fiber towel.

soapy

Reaction score
People who were selling them at the ICA show said they are not as absorbant as microfiber. THey rated a Micro as a 10, a bamboo as a 4 and a cotton as a 1 for absorbancy. They said the bamboo towel was much softer than either towel and is the best for final detailing and wax removal.