What's new

2.75 % Merchant charge, unbelievable!

blurdgman

Reaction score
Is this coming for us? Could this be put in our Washgear or other CC system?

"The popular Square credit card reader system is now available for sale through the Apple online store. The card reader costs $9.95 and ships in either black or white and includes a $10 redemption code. To setup Square, just grab their free application from the iOS App Store and setup a free account. Square takes a flat rate of 2.75% per transaction with any approved card and the system works with iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 4, and the 4th-generation iPod touch." 9to5Mac.com

easywash

Reaction score
Not available in Canada

Looks like a great product. If it was available in Canada I would use it :)

Happycarz

Reaction score
Check out the reviews through iTunes app store on your computer. It seems that this is a great app for garage sales, but not a business. Email support only.
19 of 91 were dissatisfied with the support/service.
When checking the reviews on an iPhon/iPad, it will list the 5 stars reviews first. And, online, it doesn't list any reviews. But if you have iTunes on your computer and go to the app store, you will find all the reviews. Yup, you get what you paid for.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
You can get it free from www.squareup.com. I've got several swipers and use them for personal transactions and in my wife's arts and craft shows, etc. Works like a charm. They do have some $$ limitations/restrictions. Read the fine print. It would be to restrictive for my carwash to totally run on. However, if my system at the wash went down for a day or two it would be a life saver...I could just stay near the autocashier, bays, etc and accept payments on my phone, then manually start the wash. I like having that backup since we run about 50% credit cards at our wash.

Etowah