What's new

10% Tanning Tax is Racist

Red Baron

Reaction score
You know, back to the original topic: What would Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson say about a tax that only taxed black people? It would be the lead story on 3 networks. They all led with the Jet Blue story today so they didn't have to talk about the a$$ whoopin obama is likely to take at the polls today.
This goes to what I've thought for 18 months, and that is that the Obamas have set back race relations for a generation. I bet it's 50 years before the US elects another black man president. He was the worst possible first black president because he has furthered unfair black stereotypes. Michelle is acting like she just won the lottery.

Cowboys coach Tom Landry had a rule for his players: When you score a touchdown, don't act like it's your first time in the endzone.

I can think of 50 black men who were a lot more qualified to be president.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Her recent trip to Spain proves the point. Americans are struggling with the economy and many are without jobs. The gulf is going through the worst environmental catastrophe in our history. We are waging a war in the Middle East and Congress is spending like a drunken sailor on programs that are not working.

She goes on a vacation to Spain with 45 of her friends using Air Force 2 and a huge secret service force. She tours Spain as a débutante while many are wondering if they can keep their house, job or even where their next meal is coming from. The Obamas are planning to take 8 vacations this year while many are having a hard time putting gas in the tank or food on the table.

No one would expect them to live like paupers but their arrogance in taking full advantage of or even abusing the perks of the office is appalling. They act like they are above it all and could care less about the struggles of many Americans. They will pay for it this Fall and in 2012.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl, I don't envy you man - defending this corrupt, incompetent worthless president is an uphill battle. You have a better chance of convincing people that Jeffery Daumer was just a creative chef.

Back up the truck. I think my comment fell far short of a wholehearted defense of everything the president has done.

It was simply a way to point out that this particular initial post / thread ? comment was in poor taste and misguided.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You know, back to the original topic: What would Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson say .
The better question is why would anyone care what these 2 individuals have to say? Their personal lives and comments don't sustain any claims to being a moral compass.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Back up the truck. I think my comment fell far short of a wholehearted defense of everything the president has done.

It was simply a way to point out that this particular initial post / thread ? comment was in poor taste and misguided.
The only thing I can see that Obama has done right is, I once saw a news report showing him shooting a swish from the top of the key. Everything else has been a miserable failure.

Red Baron

Reaction score
The better question is why would anyone care what these 2 individuals have to say? Their personal lives and comments don't sustain any claims to being a moral compass.
Everyone with half a brain agrees with that - why then doesn't the black community and liberals disassociate themselves with those two clowns?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
If the Dems do get whooped in Nov. Watch for a bunch of lame duck laws, some that will not be able to be reversed and worse would be a BIG event that would enable the Dems/Obama to become King. He isn't going to like it that his winning the Lotto is coming to an end this quickly. I hope that shirt is right.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
The mainstream media laps up everything they say. They are presented as spokes people for the African American community.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
They are making a last ditch effort to firm up their union support by calling Congress back now for a vote on more spending but that will probably hurt them even more in the long run. Highly unlikely that the Dems keep the House. The Senate is something of a long shot. Without control of Congress at least the wild spending spree should end and after 2012 they might lose it all.

Although I did not support Obama I thought his election might mean better race relations. However I feel the reverse has happened with his bungling of the arrest of the professor, canceling prosecution of the Black Panthers and recently with the aid worker on tape he has set race relations back a few decades. He has made race more of an issue probably more than any President since Lincoln.

Red Baron

Reaction score
If the Dems do get whooped in Nov. Watch for a bunch of lame duck laws, some that will not be able to be reversed and worse would be a BIG event that would enable the Dems/Obama to become King. He isn't going to like it that his winning the Lotto is coming to an end this quickly. I hope that shirt is right.
There was a time not long ago that I chalked up talk of a revolution to radical nitwits whose life was going poorly and wanted to press the reset button on society in order to get a mulligan. But these days when you start playing out realistic scenarios like the one above, it isn't so hard to fathom that people who have worked hard for many years and sacrificed to get ahead, would not tolerate changing the rules in the middle of the game.

And changing the rules in the middle of the game is just what Obama and his goons have done. They have manuevered outside the boundaries of authority the office of POTUS grants. It's as though you had your distributor go to your car wash to change a Flojet pump, and when you pull up 5 hours later you find that he also installed all new SS equipment, new change machines, and changed the name of your car wash.